Waxon Detailing Forum
SHIELD DA6 - MAIDEN VOYAGE - Printable Version

+- Waxon Detailing Forum (http://www.waxon.co.za)
+-- Forum: General & Galleries (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Show Room (/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: SHIELD DA6 - MAIDEN VOYAGE (/showthread.php?tid=1670)

SHIELD DA6 - MAIDEN VOYAGE - PrevanP - 28-08-2011 07:45 PM

I finally bagged one of the Shield DA6's that Carn had on offer and collected it from the post office on Friday. Didn't a chance to give it a full go but did a quick test on one of the headlights on my wife's Toyota RunX and a small section of my E46 BMW 320. I like the machine and have been impressed on the quick test results.....here are a few pics of the RunX headlight (sorry for the poor quality Blackberry pics)

BEFORE

[Image: Queensburgh-20110828-00241.jpg]

gave it a wipe down with some Megs Quick Detailer and microfibre cloth and taped up

[Image: Queensburgh-20110828-00243.jpg]

I used Megs Scratch X even though I knew it wasnt totally appropriate - on the yellow pad. Used the machine on speed setting 3 and worked it for about 1,5 - 2 minutes.

RESULT

[Image: Queensburgh-20110828-00244.jpg]

It is a huge improvement which the pics dont fully capture. I didnt take any pics of the test on the BMW but I managed to get out some scratches on the right rear fender.

Now what do I need to do to clean the pad?

RE: SHIELD DA6 - MAIDEN VOYAGE - onyx - 28-08-2011 09:39 PM

That is a huge improvement... Well done! (Are those plastic or glass?)
Advisable to slap on a sealant/wax on the headlights once corrected to avoid them from turning yellow/milky

To clean the pads, the sooner you do this the better!
What works for me is a drop of sunlight liquid worked in with your finger tips and then thoroughly rinsed... Press a clean MF against it to remove excess water and then leave lay claim to the kitchen dish rack to dry.

RE: SHIELD DA6 - MAIDEN VOYAGE - PrevanP - 29-08-2011 07:43 AM

Thanks Onyx. The headlight lenses are plastic.

RE: SHIELD DA6 - MAIDEN VOYAGE - Audioholic - 29-08-2011 09:55 PM

Bawling I'm so jealous right now...lol...they came out nice man, I hear megs plastX works well on headlights and tail-lights too..but you probably know that already. Enjoy your new toy bud! Thumb

RE: SHIELD DA6 - MAIDEN VOYAGE - Carn - 30-08-2011 06:55 AM

Nice work Prevan, good to see you playing with the new toy Bluebiggrin