Waxon Detailing Forum
[split] My BMW 540i makeover thread - Engine flush discussion - Printable Version

+- Waxon Detailing Forum (http://www.waxon.co.za)
+-- Forum: General & Galleries (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: [split] My BMW 540i makeover thread - Engine flush discussion (/showthread.php?tid=612)

Pages: 1 2

RE: [split] My BMW 540i makeover thread - Engine flush discussion - springbok - 28-02-2009 01:17 PM

Sorry, I know we have got off the subject somewhat but I am interested by all the comments about caltex. I usually fill up with this only because it is the most convenient and efficient station on my daily drive. I am now determined to test the other brands.

RE: [split] My BMW 540i makeover thread - Engine flush discussion - freerider - 28-02-2009 01:49 PM

(28-02-2009 01:17 PM)springbok Wrote:  Sorry, I know we have got off the subject somewhat but I am interested by all the comments about caltex. I usually fill up with this only because it is the most convenient and efficient station on my daily drive. I am now determined to test the other brands.

You really should, I now make a concerted effort to avoid them at all costs!

My first choice is shell, then BP and Engen.

I really like the Sasol petrol, car performs lovely, but not very efficient.

I keep a log book of all fill ups and what station it was at, and Engen def gives me the best bang for my buck!

RE: [split] My BMW 540i makeover thread - Engine flush discussion - springbok - 28-02-2009 02:09 PM

ok that settles it. I'm changing brands.

RE: [split] My BMW 540i makeover thread - Engine flush discussion - Carn - 28-02-2009 10:45 PM

Shell and Sasol always gave me the best fuel economy, Caltex and BP were consistently 1.5-2km/lt worse than the Shell and Sasol, which both incidently come from Sasol in V/dbyl