Waxon Detailing Forum
M3 CSL detailed then oiled - Printable Version

+- Waxon Detailing Forum (http://www.waxon.co.za)
+-- Forum: General & Galleries (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Show Room (/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: M3 CSL detailed then oiled (/showthread.php?tid=86)

M3 CSL detailed then oiled - freerider - 15-07-2008 09:50 AM

Megesh and I detailed this M3 CSL on Sunday and this is what happened on monday.

The truck that came to collect old engine oil from the workshop, had a slight problem with the pipe and it sprayed oil all over the passenger side of the M3

[Image: oil.jpg]

RE: M3 CSL detailed then oiled - freerider - 15-07-2008 09:56 AM

The Fix: I was called shortly after this happened to please help, Rescue P-B into action... I raced to the scene of the accident and mixed up a solution of the following in my 500ml spray bottle

1/4 adams car wash
1/4 adams detail spray
2/4 hot water

while I was spraying it on, you could actually see the oil breaking down and running off.
I let it soak for about 5mins then rinsed the car off and re-applied, waited another 5 mins and rinsed off.
by this time nearly all the oil was gone but for a slight dull residue, I mixed up a 2 x normal strength mix of car wash in a bucket with HOT water and used a rinse bucket with cold water, washed the car and rinsed.... everything was gone!

Of course the car needed another wax after that though Bluebiggrin

RE: M3 CSL detailed then oiled - freerider - 15-07-2008 08:14 PM

this was a pic I took today of the car nice and clean again

[Image: csl.jpg]

RE: M3 CSL detailed then oiled - freerider - 15-07-2008 08:15 PM

BTW: the Smartwax Rimwax was amazing and its true potential shone through when I was cleaning the oil off the car.

when I sprayed my mix onto the oil on the mags, the oil simply slid off like slugs off a wall Bluebiggrin

RE: M3 CSL detailed then oiled - springbok - 15-07-2008 09:32 PM

Freerider, if that was the same car I saw on the detail day then it is an amazing transformation.

RE: M3 CSL detailed then oiled - freerider - 15-07-2008 10:31 PM

springbok Wrote:Freerider, if that was the same car I saw on the detail day then it is an amazing transformation.

That would be the one Bluebiggrin I have some proper pics on my camera, will post them soon

RE: M3 CSL detailed then oiled - Carn - 16-07-2008 08:22 AM

Awesome car......When they going at full tilt the induction noise and exhaust note....OMFG.....sploodge Big Grin

RE: M3 CSL detailed then oiled - megesh - 16-07-2008 08:44 AM

freeriders fav line,

it makes little kids cry when it goes past...