Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
Public holiday washy after 2000km trip
27-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Public holiday washy after 2000km trip
Thought I would spend some time to give my car a little wash as was probably looking the worst its been since I got it. Plenty of bug splatter.

[Image: DSCF0134.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0135.jpg]

Who needs racing stripes when you have bugs guts stripes
[Image: DSCF0136.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0137.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0138.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0143.jpg]

Abit of roadworks 4x4ing
[Image: DSCF0139.jpg]

Foamed with CG Citrus Wash and Gloss (Sorry i think its was abit to much of ONR)
[Image: DSCF0145.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0146.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0147.jpg]

This loosened the bugs up nicely and most were blasted off with the pressure washer at a shallow angle.

Now something I have noticed and now from the second long trip i seem to have confirmed. This car had moderate LSP protection, was a few months old but beading really well before it went to CT, but as you can see in the pics LSP is gone. The same happened last time when the car was covered in Jetseal. I think wind erosion plays a bigger role in LSP durability then what alot of people think, and this might also further explain why some people get better durability then others, one of the factors atleast. Cant really see on silver, but the water does not wanna leave the paint, no LSP (or very litter) present.
[Image: DSCF0154.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0156.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0157.jpg]

Then the Ranger Rover rocked up with a suprise. Wet paint from roadworks. Suprisingly it came off with a little shampoo and rubbing.
[Image: DSCF0150.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0149.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0151.jpg]

Got a little production line going.
[Image: DSCF0158.jpg]

Something different I noticed. Lots of little black spots on the back of my car/wheels. Looks like tar, probably also from driving though roadworks. This ill tackle on the weekened.
[Image: DSCF0159.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0160.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0161.jpg]

For some of the newer guys, this is the reason we use 2 buckets.
Wash Bucket
[Image: DSCF0162.jpg]
Rinse Bucket
[Image: DSCF0163.jpg]
And remember, this car was foamed twice, imagine what it would have looked like if not for that.

Next one for a haircut
[Image: DSCF0165.jpg]

Here is what I will have to tackle in the near future. I presume the paint has a cheap glaze on it, but its leaving the paint in a hurry.
[Image: DSCF0167.jpg]

Average swirl, not too terrible
[Image: DSCF0168.jpg]

But more decent holograms
[Image: DSCF0174.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0176.jpg]

Anyways thats it. What did you do with your public holiday?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Public holiday washy after 2000km trip - calypso - 27-04-2010 10:20 PM