Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mercedes B200 Turbo - Part2: Interior
20-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Mercedes B200 Turbo - Part2: Interior
A quick follow-up on my previous post where the Merc is getting a well-deserved detail.

I've always enjoyed cleaning cars' interiors, it's where I spend most of my time unless I'm in the dog-box ... then I'm clinging onto the roof. Bluebiggrin

Products of choice include a dry vacuum, a wet/dry carpet extractor and conditioner, a steamer, bunch of brushes/cloths and some products (APC, Megs Rich Leather Foam, Megs PlastX, Sonax Anti-mist window cleaner, Sonax Matt cockpit spray, AG Fast Glass and shampoo's) :
[Image: Arsenal.jpg]

A couple of before pics:
[Image: BeforeFront.jpg]

[Image: BeforeConsole.jpg]

[Image: BeforeWinS.jpg]

[Image: BeforeRearS.jpg]

[Image: BeforeKit.jpg]

I started by wiping down all surfaces with a damp cloth, removing anything loose and recovering as much change as possible. All mats and accessories were removed before the car was dry-vacuumed. For tough carpets, I also use a soft brush to ensure all loose debris is removed.

The headliner was clean and didn't require any attention at this stage. Sticky spots on the carpets were treated with Goo-Gone.

I then used the Bissel machine with a very light concentration of recommended carpet cleaner to give the interior a deep shampoo. Tough spots were saturated a bit more than others and agitated with a brush before being extracted.

To ensure that very little moisture and contaminants were left, I then chose to steam the carpets and hand-dry with microfiber towels. Boot in progress:
[Image: DuringSteam.jpg]

All seat rails, hinges, pedals, dash vents and nooks were also steamed, wiped and re-greased (clear lithium grease) where necessary.
[Image: AfterRearFold.jpg]

[Image: AfterKit.jpg]

Some "mystery" substances removed:
[Image: MysteryMeatB.jpg]

[Image: MysteryMeatA.jpg]
--
[Image: MysteryGooB.jpg]

[Image: MysteryGooA.jpg]

The dash, trim and leather seats were then given a wipe-down with very mild APC before also being steamed. Interior after being cleaned and sanitized with the steamer:
[Image: AfterFront.jpg]

Seats were then treated with Megs Rich Leather foam (worked well with the Merc seats) and buffed dry after about 10 minutes.
[Image: DuringFoam.jpg]

The center dash info screen (plastic) was polished with Megs PlastX. Dash, trims and seals were wiped-down with Sonax Matt Cockpit spray. Interior glass was treated with Sonax Anti-Mist spray.
[Image: AfterConsole1.jpg]

The end result:
[Image: AfterWinS.jpg]

[Image: AfterConsole2.jpg]

[Image: AfterFrontLeather.jpg]

[Image: AfterRear.jpg]

Thanks again for all the great advise from the forum!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Mercedes B200 Turbo - Part2: Interior - Lambros - 20-06-2011 02:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mercedes B200 Turbo - Part1: Exterior Lambros 16 35,366 11-07-2011 03:25 PM
Last Post: Jughead
  Transformer – My C-Class Mercedes restoration project PaulVW 31 76,284 04-05-2011 07:05 PM
Last Post: SilverSabre
  Polizei 911 Turbo Techart Liqui-Moly 10 21,411 28-04-2009 06:39 AM
Last Post: Liqui-Moly