Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2 Average
The next time someone says Reflex Silver is for old people.....
15-03-2009, 09:19 PM
The next time someone says Reflex Silver is for old people.....
Tell them to go play on a busy intersection :signLOL:

So today I made love to the Porsche again.

Now I did detail it last month but since my dad has seen the light and realised just how sexy his car is with a decent clean and a spit of LSP he has been on a cleaning mission... But not in a good way.

Lets just say that my OCD habits are nothing compared to my dads... He washes it everytime he drives the car Bluebiggrin
Oh and that is like twice a day!!

So I have since then educated him but alas.... The damage has been done... He has literally washed all the wax off the car and the swirls are HammerheadNonoPlthumbsdown

So the repair work started.....

1. The car was hand washed with a wash mitt (Love these things) and some hot water.
2. Then I pulled out the clay and begun gently carressing/claying the car... The results were not too bad and there was only slight contamination.
3. Car was then rewashed and dried using microfibre cloths.
4. With the car looking extremely dull (I was scared... Thought I had done something wrong) I whipped out the Bilt Hamber Auto Balm. Gave the car a thick coat of that.
5. Rewash
6. The car was then treated to some Collonite. This is the first time I have ever used the Colli and it works extremely well.......... Just dont leave it on for too long else its a b*tch to remove....
7. Rewash.
8. The car was then pressure blown dry (No streaks etc)
9. All the other usual things were done.
10. When I was done I then tried out some Opti Seal spray on sealant. HEHE. I like this stuff. Highly recommended.

And thus with the work (Took 8 hours) done I took a few piccies and sat back and enjoyed the view.

Oh and note to self..... Dont put colli on a rim and forget its there so it can bake in the 30 degree heat.... IT DOES NOT COME OFF!

[Image: DSCF4077.jpg]

[Image: DSCF4132.jpg]

[Image: DSCF4100.jpg]

[Image: DSCF4137.jpg]

[Image: DSCF4149.jpg]

[Image: DSCF4157.jpg]

[Image: DSCF4165.jpg]

[Image: DSCF4163.jpg]

And then I got a little arty Icon9

[Image: DSCF4130.jpg]

[Image: DSCF4126.jpg]

[Image: DSCF4094.jpg]

I hope you guys like my work. All comments and questions are welcome.

Mike

[Image: 64-1.jpg]

** Still thinking of something intelligent to say... **

:icon9:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The next time someone says Reflex Silver is for old people..... - 08micsta - 15-03-2009 09:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Silver Toyota Corolla mommet 0 7,971 06-01-2014 08:29 PM
Last Post: mommet
  Lambchop Vs "Pepe" The Silver Bullet Lambchop 15 42,796 03-12-2011 03:54 AM
Last Post: zckid
  The Silver Sabre and the detail of Awesomeness SilverSabre 16 37,041 24-07-2011 09:03 PM
Last Post: Jughead