Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 2.5 Average
Interest in entry level DA...
19-11-2009, 06:40 PM
RE: Interest in entry level DA...
Thanks for the feedback guys Thumb

@ Onyx, the warranty would be honored locally. As with any appliance, and depending on the defect, it would either be repaired or replaced.

@ Sven, it offer great value for money IMHO. In terms of quality I have spoken with numerous UK suppliers who retail these specific machines and all have reported minimal (<1%) failure rates. In terms of the actual specs compared to the current G220 I think they are almost identical bar the 500w motor (G220=550w iirc)

@ Calypso. I have heard from 2 independant guys now that there is a single factory producing all of these DA machines (excl G220). They are branded as Kestrel, Kraus and a few other obscure brands. Apparently the guy who started this place used to work for PC in the US, but again it's only unconfirmed heresay at best.

I have had the opportunity to test one of these machines extensively (unbranded but the same 500w machine) and was well pleased with the quality, performance, etc. Siya and Woodie have seen the actual machine in the flesh and can comment on the build quality/initial impressions Thumb

@ Kido, indeed. Whilst the G220 has come down significantly in price, any saving is money that can be spent on other items to complement the machine (polishes and pads, etc). As I mentioned I would more than likely bundle the machine with some polishes and pads, etc.

@ Rich, Bluebiggrin

I had to make sure to get the point across as the warranty will obviously be the main concern for anyone interested in purchasing these units Thumb

Here are some pics of a demo unit I had a few months back...
[Image: da_1.jpg]

[Image: da_2.jpg]

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Interest in entry level DA... - Carn - 18-11-2009, 09:04 PM
RE: Interest in entry level DA... - onyx - 18-11-2009, 09:38 PM
RE: Interest in entry level DA... - Kido - 19-11-2009, 07:22 AM
RE: Interest in entry level DA... - Rich - 19-11-2009, 08:22 AM