Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 1.78 Average
alo alo ...Newbie "Jughead" aka "AJ" ..
15-03-2010, 07:27 AM
RE: alo alo ...Newbie "Jughead" aka "AJ" ..
Hi AJ and welcome to the Waxon forum.

(as an aside to the other forum members, AJ and I actually work for the same company and first met on an incentive trip to Hong Kong last year, although at the time he wasn't an addict yet, so it's great to have him on board.)

As Dave has mentioned, Siya and I are the Meguiars sluts around these parts. Calypso rightly mentioned that many detailers start with Meguiars, and for good reason. They make quality products which span almost the whole range of goodies that a detailer would need. Generally, however, most detailers (Siya and I included) do not stick to one brand, but will experiment with various options along the way. Although I use Meguiars as the basic foundation for my detailing arsenal, it is supplemented along the way with other products that I have used and liked. Mike Phillips, ex-Meguiars employee and now with Autogeek summed it up best with his mantra of "Find something you like and use it often".

As far as the Karcher is concerned, I do not own one, but have one on a long term lease (thanks to Siya's storage constraints and recent switch to ONR). It is the K2.9 model which I have now been using regularly for more than a year. I find it a good balance between portability and performance. At the current special of R999 at Makro, I would suggest you get yourself one before COB today Bluebiggrin. Once you have the Karcher, drop Dave (Carn) a PM and get yourself a foam gun shipped down to CT in time for this coming weekend. Don't worry about the fittings, Dave ships it with everything you'll need.

Lastly - get the camera out and post photos of the new wheels.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: alo alo ...Newbie "Jughead" aka "AJ" .. - Woodie - 15-03-2010 07:27 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Newbie Phatt 7 32,988 12-05-2011 07:19 PM
Last Post: PrevanP
  Newbie Hello Smoothly 10 40,540 10-05-2011 10:28 PM
Last Post: onyx
  Another newbie here! Clark 14 31,667 07-06-2010 07:08 PM
Last Post: AMD001