Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
Public holiday washy after 2000km trip
27-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Public holiday washy after 2000km trip
Thought I would spend some time to give my car a little wash as was probably looking the worst its been since I got it. Plenty of bug splatter.

[Image: DSCF0134.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0135.jpg]

Who needs racing stripes when you have bugs guts stripes
[Image: DSCF0136.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0137.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0138.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0143.jpg]

Abit of roadworks 4x4ing
[Image: DSCF0139.jpg]

Foamed with CG Citrus Wash and Gloss (Sorry i think its was abit to much of ONR)
[Image: DSCF0145.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0146.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0147.jpg]

This loosened the bugs up nicely and most were blasted off with the pressure washer at a shallow angle.

Now something I have noticed and now from the second long trip i seem to have confirmed. This car had moderate LSP protection, was a few months old but beading really well before it went to CT, but as you can see in the pics LSP is gone. The same happened last time when the car was covered in Jetseal. I think wind erosion plays a bigger role in LSP durability then what alot of people think, and this might also further explain why some people get better durability then others, one of the factors atleast. Cant really see on silver, but the water does not wanna leave the paint, no LSP (or very litter) present.
[Image: DSCF0154.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0156.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0157.jpg]

Then the Ranger Rover rocked up with a suprise. Wet paint from roadworks. Suprisingly it came off with a little shampoo and rubbing.
[Image: DSCF0150.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0149.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0151.jpg]

Got a little production line going.
[Image: DSCF0158.jpg]

Something different I noticed. Lots of little black spots on the back of my car/wheels. Looks like tar, probably also from driving though roadworks. This ill tackle on the weekened.
[Image: DSCF0159.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0160.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0161.jpg]

For some of the newer guys, this is the reason we use 2 buckets.
Wash Bucket
[Image: DSCF0162.jpg]
Rinse Bucket
[Image: DSCF0163.jpg]
And remember, this car was foamed twice, imagine what it would have looked like if not for that.

Next one for a haircut
[Image: DSCF0165.jpg]

Here is what I will have to tackle in the near future. I presume the paint has a cheap glaze on it, but its leaving the paint in a hurry.
[Image: DSCF0167.jpg]

Average swirl, not too terrible
[Image: DSCF0168.jpg]

But more decent holograms
[Image: DSCF0174.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0176.jpg]

Anyways thats it. What did you do with your public holiday?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2010, 09:31 AM
RE: Public holiday washy after 2000km trip
That's a lot of graft, glad the Water Greenies didnt pounce on you with hose in hand.

We are still waiting for the full detail of the Porker
28-04-2010, 09:36 AM
Ouch !!! That paint splatter looks bad ... lucky you got it out ... with just shampoo and rubbing ??? ... Clap

Icon_jaw Those buckets .. New_shocked from washing car body only? Throwup

Awesome !!! Thumbsup2
28-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Wow! nc job..especially liked the BM transformation..... Clap

(27-04-2010 10:20 PM)calypso Wrote:  Anyways thats it. What did you do with your public holiday?

Apart from Newbie detailing I am also into gardening Hammerhead so I was cutting away at the lawn but my heart was really into plotting and planning on how to wash my car this Saturday Bluebiggrin ....now my car detailing kit comprises of a Megs gold wash, Megs cleaner wax, Wash mits, microfibre cloths, Rally Interior spray (waiting to finish before I try Collinite or maybe Chemical Guys), Rally no wheels....but especially waiting to try the Cleaner Wax that I bought on Monday Excited.
28-04-2010, 09:48 AM
(28-04-2010 09:36 AM)Jughead Wrote:  Ouch !!! That paint splatter looks bad ... lucky you got it out ... with just shampoo and rubbing ??? ... Clap

Icon_jaw Those buckets .. New_shocked from washing car body only? Throwup

Awesome !!! Thumbsup2

Yeah the foam did a really good job of softening the bug guts so I could blast them off with the high pressure. I was meaning to take a picture but god carried away.

That muck is all the body. You never was the paint with the same water from the wheels. Brake dust is nasty stuff that you dont want need the paint.
28-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Awesome set of cars you have in that driveway there Calypso.... ClapClap

Did you apply any LSPs on the BM or was it just a simple wash??
28-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Just a simple wash, im gonna have to clay first to get the tar off. Then will probably try some Jeffs. But right now its naked.
28-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Atleast the sun was out, Jozi has been miserable!
Look forward to seeing the write-up on the Porsche Calypso

Spent my day at the Castrol Xtreme BORING show

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
28-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Nicely done dude...For a 10+ year old cabbie your ///M still looks immaculate Drool

+1 on Siya's Porker comments...get cracking already Bluebiggrin

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Very cool Dude !!!
Thats my Fav M3 shape Bluebiggrin

[Image: Crop.jpg]
28-04-2010, 07:48 PM
(28-04-2010 07:08 PM)Carn Wrote:  Nicely done dude...For a 10+ year old cabbie your ///M still looks immaculate Drool

+1 on Siya's Porker comments...get cracking already Bluebiggrin

Lol the M3 is going to be 20 soon. But I need to put it to sleep under covers soon.
The Porsche will be done as soon as I have bought myself more time with the PPL.
28-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Very Clean M3 bru.Cant wait to see the Porsche when its done.
28-04-2010, 09:15 PM
I thought you guys had radical water restrictions in PE. Your garden looks like a film set.
28-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Yeah heavy restrictions here. Im using artificial water and have not showered in a week.
29-04-2010, 07:16 AM
Nice work. The M3 is an extremely well maintained "older" lady. As far as the tar spots are concerned, get yourself some Eucalyptus oil and a MF cloth. Very gentle and it works brilliantly - dab some oil onto teh affected areas, leave for 20-30 seconds to soften the tar and then wipe off with the MF.

(28-04-2010 10:11 PM)calypso Wrote:  Yeah heavy restrictions here. Im using artificial water and have not showered in a week.

Which explains the dirty water in the rinse bucket - not from the body of the M3, but from the body of Calypso Bluebiggrin.
29-04-2010, 08:07 AM
by the way ... did you ever get to wash your car in CPT? ... or are those "bug stripes" from your round-trip? ... Bluebiggrin
29-04-2010, 11:43 AM
(29-04-2010 07:16 AM)Woodie6250 Wrote:  Nice work. The M3 is an extremely well maintained "older" lady. As far as the tar spots are concerned, get yourself some Eucalyptus oil and a MF cloth. Very gentle and it works brilliantly - dab some oil onto teh affected areas, leave for 20-30 seconds to soften the tar and then wipe off with the MF.

(28-04-2010 10:11 PM)calypso Wrote:  Yeah heavy restrictions here. Im using artificial water and have not showered in a week.

Which explains the dirty water in the rinse bucket - not from the body of the M3, but from the body of Calypso Bluebiggrin.

Ive still got some Sonax Tar remover ill try, if not it think there might be some Eucalyptus somewhere at home. I think ill give it a good clay too, just to make sure its all gone.