Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
Honda Jazz Detailed by CDE
04-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Honda Jazz Detailed by CDE
So here is some more pics of work Ive done. This was a Honda Jazz. Knowing that the Honda Paint is quite soft i messed about with a few combos. As this was a one stage correction, I opted for Megs DA cleaner polish on Purple Megs Pad.

The car was washed using Megs Hyperwash, Clayed with Megs Mild Clay. Megs All season Dressing.

After the car was washed and clayed i did a once over using the G220 as above. I then applied revive glaze by hand, Megs Yellow wax and Topped with Jetseal.

I was waiting on some stock and was actually hoping to use the Wet Mirror Finish Polish ( which is a sealant i think) and top with 5050. I never had the polish and the customer was on a bit of a budget so i settled on the above.

My writing, layout and pics will improve LOL.

Before Shots

[Image: 31032010145.jpg]

[Image: 31032010147.jpg]

[Image: 31032010150.jpg]

[Image: 31032010148.jpg]

50/50
[Image: 31032010148.jpg]

After

[Image: 31032010151.jpg]

[Image: 31032010152.jpg]

[Image: 31032010153.jpg]

[Image: 31032010155.jpg]

[Image: 31032010156.jpg]

[Image: 31032010158.jpg]

Thanks for looking
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2010, 09:41 PM
RE: Honda Jazz Detailed by CDE
Another terrific turnout dude...Great to see more and more cars getting some proper TLC!

PS...Some CG's Fade to Black would work a treat on the black honeycomb plastics up front Thumb

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Nice work, try to take a proper camera next time. Cell phone doesnt do justice.
04-05-2010, 11:26 PM
(04-05-2010 09:41 PM)Carn Wrote:  Another terrific turnout dude...Great to see more and more cars getting some proper TLC!

PS...Some CG's Fade to Black would work a treat on the black honeycomb plastics up front Thumb

I know Fade to black was part of the stock that i was waiting for. I got some after pics of a golf v gti that i did. Pity i never took befores.
Hopefully ill get that up. BTW i used Fade to black and its brilliant.

@Calypso. Have invested in a 14.1 Sony so hopefully gonna be using that soon. Have few more left on my phone still.

im gonna be up in PE in June for a few days. Is anybody from that side maybe we could mess about on some cars?
05-05-2010, 06:46 AM
Im from PE, let me know closer to the time.
05-05-2010, 09:54 AM
Nice work bud!

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
05-05-2010, 11:53 AM
nice work bro .... !!!!
05-05-2010, 05:50 PM
There are a few PE detailers that I know of...Lexi would be the one to speak to though as he is the most active PE'r on the forum Bluebiggrin

www.mobileimage.co.za

06-05-2010, 07:00 AM
Car looks good.

Another question - Jetseal over M26? how did that work out? I would have expected M26 over Jetseal to be the preferred order of application.
06-05-2010, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2010 09:29 AM by meguiarver.)
Under normal circumstances i would have topped jetseal with 5050, which is what i prefer doing, however on this car, with the owner being on a budget and a bit indecisive, he initially opted for just the Jetseal and then asked for a cheaper wax (beats me).

Anyways the Jetseal brought out alot of the metallic flake and the wax added depth to it. Its true what calypso said about the camera and not doing justice to the pics, this car was looking really dull and faded. I was happy with the outcome, however on occassion i do mix things up just so that i know what it will look like or what the outcome would be

Had i had all my products i would have sealed with Wet Mirror polish (which is a sealant right) and topped with petes 53 or 5050. The wet Mirror polish is lovely on cars with an unmistakable mettalic flake in the paint. It kind of brings shine to the flake and depth to the colour , hence bringing out the flake. does this make any sense?
06-05-2010, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2010 10:23 AM by jagged.)
Good job man Clap end product looks dazzling....

btw...washed my white car this weekend and even after applying Megs Cleaner wax could still see alot of swirl marks (thought the cleaner wax would fill in the "scratches" Thinking )....any cost effective recomendations to rid my cabbie of these swirls Iono
06-05-2010, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2010 10:36 AM by meguiarver.)
I dont know if that has any filler properties. I know alot of the AG products contain fillers. The problem however is that two weeks later the swirls are back. In my experience there is no real answer, i normally 50/50 the bonnet and try a few combos to see what works best. I know of other guys that also use this method.

Also note that each car has its own sort of paint. i.e german cars tend to have very hard paints whereas hondas have softer paints. hence cutting on a german car to remove the same amount of swirls will be alot more intrusive. Hope this makes sense.

P.S i have never succesfully removed swirls by hand.(note remove not mask)
Also i stand to be corrected but i doubt cleaner wax will remove swirls. I know it will remove surface scratches and scuffs but as for removing swirls, maybe only the minor ones.
06-05-2010, 11:18 AM
(06-05-2010 10:35 AM)meguiarver Wrote:  I dont know if that has any filler properties. I know alot of the AG products contain fillers. The problem however is that two weeks later the swirls are back. In my experience there is no real answer, i normally 50/50 the bonnet and try a few combos to see what works best. I know of other guys that also use this method.

Also note that each car has its own sort of paint. i.e german cars tend to have very hard paints whereas hondas have softer paints. hence cutting on a german car to remove the same amount of swirls will be alot more intrusive. Hope this makes sense.

P.S i have never succesfully removed swirls by hand.(note remove not mask)
Also i stand to be corrected but i doubt cleaner wax will remove swirls. I know it will remove surface scratches and scuffs but as for removing swirls, maybe only the minor ones.

Thanks for the feedback... Thumb
06-05-2010, 12:32 PM
(06-05-2010 10:23 AM)jagged Wrote:  Good job man Clap end product looks dazzling....

btw...washed my white car this weekend and even after applying Megs Cleaner wax could still see alot of swirl marks (thought the cleaner wax would fill in the "scratches" Thinking )....any cost effective recomendations to rid my cabbie of these swirls Iono

Will take some elbow grease but - AG SRP will give you great results by hand (filling in those scratches)
Follow with a layer or two of your LSP and then make sure to use a wash thats PH neutral (you dont want it stripping your LSP and with it the SRP)

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
06-05-2010, 12:47 PM
[/quote]
Will take some elbow grease but - AG SRP will give you great results by hand (filling in those scratches)
Follow with a layer or two of your LSP and then make sure to use a wash thats PH neutral (you dont want it stripping your LSP and with it the SRP)
[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback Onyx...will try and source some AG SRP here in KZN for a test.
06-05-2010, 06:40 PM
SRP works fairly well but there is really no substitute for proper paint correction either by hand or machine (preferable).

Most glaze type products that contain fillers are good at masking the very fine stuff but absolutely useless on the deeper defects!

www.mobileimage.co.za

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  White Corolla Detailed mommet 0 16,556 04-07-2014 09:20 AM
Last Post: mommet
  Honda Civic mommet 3 13,768 01-11-2012 09:11 PM
Last Post: mommet
  Lambchop Vs Honda Jazz Lambchop 16 39,094 14-08-2011 07:44 PM