Yes I am Interested in Polisher and Pads
I Only want The Polisher
Depends on Final Price
Not Interested
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
Meguiars G220 V2 DA Polisher and Pads
06-08-2010, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2010 08:31 PM by Beast Power.)
Meguiars G220 V2 DA Polisher and Pads
@Everybody

The new V2 Meguiars G220 DA Polisher will be here in a weeks time, I have spoken to the Guys an Meguiars Head office, and they will be willing to give us discounts on a bulk order. At the moment the price is standing on R3119.16 inc vat for the 1 x Polisher, 1 x SoftBuff 2.0 Foam Cutting pad, 1 x Soft Buff 2.0 Foam Polishing Pad 1.00 and 1 x Soft Buff 2.0 Foam Finishing pad.

The polisher on it's own is priced at R2152.66 at the moment !

So I need to know who is interested as to hear what kind of discount we will be able to get.

Please Leave a post to say you interested so I can make a list. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2010, 08:18 PM
RE: Meguiars G220 V2 DA Polisher and Pads
First post and you organising a group buy???
06-08-2010, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2010 08:37 PM by Beast Power.)
I am on BMWFanatics and know that these 2 sites have the same owners. But if the people here are not interested remove the thread. Just thought this is a detailing forum, so some people might be interested.
BTW You did not say if you are interested or not, or did you specially log in to tell me it is my first post ?
07-08-2010, 12:27 AM
I would be interested depending on the final price after the discount.
07-08-2010, 05:29 AM
how does this DA compare to the shield DA? not only ito price but the entire package that you get with your purchase?
10-08-2010, 12:56 PM
(07-08-2010 05:29 AM)Torres1 Wrote:  how does this DA compare to the shield DA? not only ito price but the entire package that you get with your purchase?

David is probably the best person to ask with regards to that, i think he has tested both!!! As far as i know the both machine are very similar, they even look the same.... i think the Megs pads would be better though, my Shield Yellow compounding pad is totally buggered, throw it away after my detail yesterday but i have given it a bit of stick lately!!! lol... Shield = Good Value for money IMO..... but thats just my opinion, i havent used the others so i cant compare!!!
10-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Normally Noobs introduce themselves in the Noob section

Iv got a Festool so no thanks Beast

[Image: Crop.jpg]
10-08-2010, 03:25 PM
The G220 V2 is by all accounts a nice step up from the original G220.

Just a question Beast Power - who is the 'us' and what quantity constitutes a bulk order to qualify for this price.

The machine at R2152.66 is a very good price, but the package deal is still not attractive enough. Effectively you're paying almost R900 for 3 pads, i.e. R300 per pad. My beef with Meguiars remains the local pricing of the pads, almost 50% overpriced.

BTW - Meguiars does not officially recommend the use of the W7027 cutting pad with the G220. You would be better off getting a second polishing pad if you're going to go with the package deal.
10-08-2010, 07:07 PM
(06-08-2010 08:35 PM)Beast Power Wrote:  I am on BMWFanatics and know that these 2 sites have the same owners.

Past tense...HAD the same owners.

Back to the group buy. Who are you, who represents the "us" you refer to, how many units constitutes a group buy and who will be providing the after sales support on the machines?

I haven't used the V2 machine but as Woodie mentioned it is apparently a step up, or rather evolution of the old version. One thing I have read was something to do with faulty power cords on the V2 machines. I am sure Siya or Sean would know all the in's and out's about that one though.

Off the top of my head and comparing the v1 G220 to the DAS6, I would say the DAS6 is more comfortable to use due to it's slightly more slender body (easier to hold). The speeds, correction ability, etc all seem to be pretty much on par. The DAS6 has a smaller head area iirc which might make a difference when polishing in tight spaces and under mirror's, but aside from that there is little I can recall off hand. Almost all of my correction work is carried out by rotary so my experience with the G220v1 is limited. The DAS6 can also be had for slightly cheaper at a just under the R2k mark with a set of 3 pads and canvas carry case.

While the pads may not be the greatest, they get the job done and are affordable to replace (around R70 for 2 iirc).

For around R3k you will also soon be able to get a great package deal on a DAS6 machine incl polishes, lots of pads, etc...Details have still not been finalised but some of the guys already know what is likely to be included in the kit Thumb

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2010, 08:01 AM
(10-08-2010 07:07 PM)Carn Wrote:  
(06-08-2010 08:35 PM)Beast Power Wrote:  I am on BMWFanatics and know that these 2 sites have the same owners.

Past tense...HAD the same owners.

Back to the group buy. Who are you, who represents the "us" you refer to, how many units constitutes a group buy and who will be providing the after sales support on the machines?

I haven't used the V2 machine but as Woodie mentioned it is apparently a step up, or rather evolution of the old version. One thing I have read was something to do with faulty power cords on the V2 machines. I am sure Siya or Sean would know all the in's and out's about that one though.

Off the top of my head and comparing the v1 G220 to the DAS6, I would say the DAS6 is more comfortable to use due to it's slightly more slender body (easier to hold). The speeds, correction ability, etc all seem to be pretty much on par. The DAS6 has a smaller head area iirc which might make a difference when polishing in tight spaces and under mirror's, but aside from that there is little I can recall off hand. Almost all of my correction work is carried out by rotary so my experience with the G220v1 is limited. The DAS6 can also be had for slightly cheaper at a just under the R2k mark with a set of 3 pads and canvas carry case.

While the pads may not be the greatest, they get the job done and are affordable to replace (around R70 for 2 iirc).

For around R3k you will also soon be able to get a great package deal on a DAS6 machine incl polishes, lots of pads, etc...Details have still not been finalised but some of the guys already know what is likely to be included in the kit Thumb

Morning David, can you perhaps mail me some more details regarding the new deal for the DA6, or is this what was discussed in your previous review of the DA?
11-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Just a quick update...I spoke to Greg from Meguiars today regarding the v2 G220's. No official ETA or price as yet, but there is a possible small jump in price from the old units, as well as an estimated 6 to 8 week lead time.

Not quite sure how or where Beast has souorced his info, but thats the score from Meguiars directly.

One point worth mentioning...Keizin was selling the updated/revised v1 G220's as v2's...Perhaps these are the machines available at the discounted rate Icon9

(11-08-2010 08:01 AM)Torres1 Wrote:  Morning David, can you perhaps mail me some more details regarding the new deal for the DA6, or is this what was discussed in your previous review of the DA?[/u]

Full details will be available shortly, just working out all the details Thumb

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2010, 04:11 AM
Thanks David, look forward to it.
12-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Just spoke to Greg as well and must profoundly apologise the items are available in the states and must concur with Dave that it will be here is 6 to 8 weeks time. The people at Keizen Durban was giving me the wrong info. He also said the price might be higher but possibly the same. Discounts will be discussed as soon as he has ETA and Pricing. (Polisher and Pads)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave I also want to know if the DA6 Specs Have changed since inception review and pricing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the word "us", I thought it is correct vernacular to use when addressing a group that might be interested in the same product. But please correct me if I am wrong.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  For Sale: Makita 9227CB rotary polisher Starvekos 7 27,851 01-11-2011 12:16 PM
Last Post: Starvekos
  For Sale: Makita BO6040 DA polisher (SOLD) Starvekos 4 17,499 11-10-2011 09:44 PM
Last Post: Shan367
  Megs G220 V1 for Sale The Doctor 0 6,039 15-02-2011 08:13 AM
Last Post: The Doctor