Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 3.38 Average
Auto Glaze
19-08-2010, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2010 03:03 PM by Lambchop.)
Auto Glaze
Pimped off the ST forum

What is an AutoGlaze?

It is the ultimate in vehicle paint protection, a shine no retail product can accomplish. Currently used on the entire AIRFORCE ONE FLEET in the USA for the last 55 years. Originally developed by NASA and now available to the motoring industry, ensuring only the best equipment and products.

Stage 1: Is a PRO PREP chemical application which removes unwanted tar and fine scratches. De-oxidation is important at this stage to ensure a smooth finish.

Stage 2: Chemical HI-LITE SEALANTS are applied.

Stage 3: Is the application of an industrial CHEMICAL GLAZE, the final step in accomplishing a showroom shine.

PRICING ESTIMATES: INCLUDING A FULL 3 AGE AUTO GLAZE

SMALL TO MEDIUM CARS: R450.00

MEDIUM TO LARGE CARS: R600.00

LARGE TO EXTRA LARGE CARS: R750.00

SPORTS CARS AND EXOTICS: R750.00 - R5000.00

All AUTO GLAZES include free auto detailing and tyre gloss etc

These are just a few of our pricing estimates, should you require GLAZE BRIGHT applications and additional stages, please feel free to speak to your AUTO GLAZE team. Additional stages are recommended for show cars and motor enthusiasts.

And we guarantee no swirl marks, in fact panel beaters send cars to us to remove swirl marks, specially on black colours.

I like the highlighted portion

[Image: Crop.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2010, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2010 03:17 PM by Wells.)
RE: Auto Glaze
WOW!!! I can almost picture the moustached salesman saying that, swinging his arms and beleiving every word coming out of his own "mouth. Much like Kirby salesmen, it takes a "special" kind of person to punt an Autoglaze. Uhoh2 Hope I am not offending anyone here, thought we were all ok Uhoh2
19-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Sounds like serious competition for you on the ST Forum, Lambchop Bluebiggrin

What's a Prop-prep chemical? Prepsol?
19-08-2010, 06:29 PM
So a chemical peel of sorts for your paintwork?

What a crock of shit Rofl

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-08-2010, 07:54 PM
What annoys me is when people make outragous referal and endorsment claims with no substance.
Made my Nasa on applied to Air Force One! What a load of bullshit. Like the liquid glass crowd that claim they are endorsed by Ferrari.
I like how Sports car ranges from 750-5000, so it costs exactly as much as they think they can rip the client. And at the end of the day they just going to put on the cheap sealant like they did on the cheap valets.

What i would like to ask them though, is if their products are so good, why dont any of the best detailers in the world use them?
19-08-2010, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2010 08:54 PM by Lambchop.)
Right so the chop punting this crud .. Came back and says he polishes the paint with some crud to achieve his results

Now i wasnt great in school but what he said there and what he say now are 2 different things

This oke is a joke ....

@ Siya - bit hard to compete with okes who charge R50 for a job

19-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Bullshit.
I just read through that entire post on the FordST forum... Painful!

LC tell the bastard to stop using my signature - People will start thinking im the Amazing Mr Auto Glaze

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
19-08-2010, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2010 10:55 PM by Lambchop.)
(19-08-2010 10:36 PM)onyx Wrote:  Bullshit.
I just read through that entire post on the FordST forum... Painful!

LC tell the bastard to stop using my signature - People will start thinking im the Amazing Mr Auto Glaze

Dude I feel like giving him a running PK
No matter what you say or what you do he will remain dumb and oblivious

Let him carry one , His ex clients give me business Bluebiggrin

19-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Dude what a Douche.

Ok so from his latest pics its apparent that he uses a cyclo in conjunction wif the cyclo pro-prep deoxidizer, hi-lites polish and pro-glaze sealant... Why all the cloak and dagger mystery then?

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
19-08-2010, 11:10 PM
(19-08-2010 08:52 PM)Lambchop Wrote:  bit hard to compete with okes who charge R50 for a job

It's like anything these days...You can get a R50 abortion in an alley with a coat hanger, or you can go to a private clinic and have it done for R5k.

At the end of the day there will always be a market for guys operating at both ends of the spectrum. Not everyone wants to shell out a few k for a proper detail which is fine. The guys who are happy with a mediocre job for dinner money will be happy, those who aren't would have learnt their lesson and will come to you eventually.

I've turned away plenty of clients who have had the "Company X will do it for me for R450" line...I tell them to please go and have it done. Some I have never heard from again and others have called me 3 weeks later asking for a booking after ending up disappointed at the results.

Don't loose sleep over it Bluebiggrin

www.mobileimage.co.za

19-08-2010, 11:35 PM
(19-08-2010 11:10 PM)Carn Wrote:  
(19-08-2010 08:52 PM)Lambchop Wrote:  bit hard to compete with okes who charge R50 for a job

It's like anything these days...You can get a R50 abortion in an alley with a coat hanger, or you can go to a private clinic and have it done for R5k.

At the end of the day there will always be a market for guys operating at both ends of the spectrum. Not everyone wants to shell out a few k for a proper detail which is fine. The guys who are happy with a mediocre job for dinner money will be happy, those who aren't would have learnt their lesson and will come to you eventually.

I've turned away plenty of clients who have had the "Company X will do it for me for R450" line...I tell them to please go and have it done. Some I have never heard from again and others have called me 3 weeks later asking for a booking after ending up disappointed at the results.

Don't loose sleep over it Bluebiggrin

Well said Uncle Dave
I just see these okes as Paedophiles praying on small kids

@Onyx - I think its to keep his operation under wraps so its not exposed LOL

20-08-2010, 12:11 PM
(19-08-2010 11:01 PM)onyx Wrote:  Dude what a Douche.

Ok so from his latest pics its apparent that he uses a cyclo in conjunction wif the cyclo pro-prep deoxidizer, hi-lites polish and pro-glaze sealant... Why all the cloak and dagger mystery then?

I gave up. You can't debate with a guy like that...you just cant.

2008 Focus ST - Frozen White
Don't drop your clay!
10-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Ok guys,so is there no such thing as an 'auto-glaze'? reason i ask, had my car washed at the local carwash, as i had no time or energy as i was fasting, and the owner of the car wash suggested i book my car in for 1. whats the deal with autoglazing?
15-09-2010, 04:52 PM
somebody? anybody?
15-09-2010, 08:23 PM
(10-09-2010 06:10 PM)Audioholic Wrote:  Ok guys,so is there no such thing as an 'auto-glaze'? reason i ask, had my car washed at the local carwash, as i had no time or energy as i was fasting, and the owner of the car wash suggested i book my car in for 1. whats the deal with autoglazing?

Soz missed this thread somehow...

Glazing and glazes do exists. Most typical glaze type products contain what are known as fillers. The fillers, typically kaolin clay, fill in light swirls and scratches which make them less noticeable. The severity of the paint defects will ultimately determine the end result as there is a limit to the depth of defects that the clay can mask.

Because you are not physically removing the defects, as the glaze wears out and the fillers get washed away, the swirls and defects will return. Some glaze operators also apply the glazes with wool pads via rotary machines to save time. Wool pads inflict their own fine scratches, more commonly known as holograms. The holograms are not immediately noticeable as they have been filled in with whatever product they apply, but again as the glaze wears off they will become evident.

At the end of the day there is market for work at both ends of the spectrum. A glaze is a temporary fix at an affordable cost, as opposed to machine correction which is more permanent (maintenance dependant) but also more costly due to the time additional work time required.

Hope that helps Thumb

www.mobileimage.co.za

16-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Schweet! thanks for clearing that up carn! really helps alot!