Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 3.13 Average
RAVE: Carn
27-09-2010, 03:24 PM
RAVE: Carn
Thanks for sorting me out with some new goodies, for all your effort and meeting me halfway to collect my new toy. It was nice putting a face to the name. Great service!!! I'll buy from you again, anytime!

What I got:

[Image: y1809necovvzo1w8ytok.jpg]

2008 Focus ST - Frozen White
Don't drop your clay!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2010, 04:12 PM
RE: RAVE: Carn
WOW!!!!! Excalibur!!! WOW!!!! If I dont get a shield DA, this is what I am saving for, that's it. Carn delivers once again, now if only he would sort out my order...LOL!!!!!! No rush buddy.

Ex, great purchase from everything that I have read and happy detailing bud.
27-09-2010, 04:23 PM
(27-09-2010 04:12 PM)Torres1 Wrote:  WOW!!!!! Excalibur!!! WOW!!!! If I dont get a shield DA, this is what I am saving for, that's it. Carn delivers once again, now if only he would sort out my order...LOL!!!!!! No rush buddy.

Ex, great purchase from everything that I have read and happy detailing bud.

Thanks Torres1! Can't wait to start using it! Had a little fender-bender over the weekend, so i'm waiting on my car to get fixed first before doing a proper detail and getting to know the machine.

I'm very glad I went for the Flex instead of the Porter-Cable. This machine is well manufactured and has a quality feel to it. It's currently standing on my work bench, and every time I walk past it I just want to pick it up and start working!!

Don't drop your clay!
27-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Pleasure Billy and nice to meet you as well Thumb

Before using the Flex make sure the backing plate is properly fastened. Some of the very first ones had issues with them coming loose from the factory but I haven't heard of it again so I assume it's been sorted!

@ Torres...Sorry bud, it's only the US stuff that's still outstanding at the moment Hammerhead

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Nice kit xcalibur - now the standard instruction. Don't let it gather dust, but let's see some action pictures on the forum.

As for starting a thread about Carn's service - no amount of sucking up is going to get you extra discount Bluebiggrin
27-09-2010, 10:19 PM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2010 10:19 PM by Lambchop.)
Very nice Billy
Hope your ready for Vibration galore once you get polishing Bluebiggrin

Well done Dave , you always deliver Bluebiggrin

@ Woodie - I couldnt agree more , Detailing is worse than crack once u get going

[Image: Crop.jpg]
27-09-2010, 10:36 PM
(27-09-2010 10:19 PM)Lambchop Wrote:  Well done Dave , you always deliver Bluebiggrin

hint hint wink wink nudge nudge Rofl

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-09-2010, 08:35 AM
nice kit there xcalibur ... Thumbsup2
28-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Wow, looks awesome!!! Congrats mate!!! ClapClap

[Image: eofeuw2ndrlkzzw51p5e.jpg]
28-09-2010, 08:42 AM
(27-09-2010 06:08 PM)Carn Wrote:  Pleasure Billy and nice to meet you as well Thumb

Before using the Flex make sure the backing plate is properly fastened. Some of the very first ones had issues with them coming loose from the factory but I haven't heard of it again so I assume it's been sorted!

@ Torres...Sorry bud, it's only the US stuff that's still outstanding at the moment Hammerhead

I kinda figured this out when I checked that everything was working. The screw holding the backing plate was not tightened and caused some vibration which was easily fixed by tightening it. It still had some vibration, but I figured that was caused by the "motion" of the machine. ( Thanks for the tip though. Bluebiggrin )

What was strange is that the moment I put a pad on the backing plate all vibration disappeared, from 1 to 6 speed. I was quite impressed.

As per LC's post, I'm guessing this will not be the case when I place it on a surface to be polished.

There is no way i'll be leaving it to gather dust. I'm already contemplating doing my wife's car in the meantime. As soon as I'm accustomed to the machine i'll start doing other cars as well.

Don't drop your clay!
28-09-2010, 04:42 PM
(27-09-2010 10:36 PM)Carn Wrote:  
(27-09-2010 10:19 PM)Lambchop Wrote:  Well done Dave , you always deliver Bluebiggrin

hint hint wink wink nudge nudge Rofl

Sublte yet effective BluebiggrinBluebiggrinBluebiggrin

[Image: Crop.jpg]
28-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Lubrication of the Backing Plate/ Felt Ring

Use some synthetic 30w motor oil and soak the felt ring for 24 hours and then squeeze out the excess ( do this every 3 months or so dependent upon use) Or you could use a lithium grease on it. Lack of proper lubrication is the main cause of over-heating. Rub it around the felt ring and the back of backing plate, and then wipe off any excess

Notes:
1. Lubricate the felt ring
2. Add a washer to the backing plate
3. Tighten the backing plate before use.

~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~-
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Togwt/141827572547893 -
28-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Congrats on the new kit! Clap

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
29-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Congrats on your kit!!