Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3 Average
Focus RS - Update
25-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Focus RS - Update
So it was about a month ago that I did the new car package on this baby... and on that day we spotted a few things that Ford needed to sort out. So it had gone to the panel beaters and back and lets just say the work they did was far from pretty.
So I made a day out on sat to bring the car back to just out of the factory condition.

for most of the car I just gave it a light Menzerna Final Finish Polish and for the parts the Panel beaters got their hands on it was Menz SIP then Final Finish.

LSP was the really jaw dropping BlackFire Wet Diamond

I also bought myself a new camera Friday so it was really exciting for me to see if the pics captured by a SLR instead of a Compact would be different. See what you think...

What the panelbeater did
[Image: _DSC2930.jpg][Image: _DSC2929.jpg]
[Image: _DSC2931.jpg]
[Image: _DSC2932.jpg]

afters
[Image: _DSC2934.jpg]
[Image: _DSC2939.jpg]
[Image: _DSC2944.jpg]
[Image: _DSC2945.jpg]
[Image: _DSC2955.jpg]
[Image: _DSC2949.jpg]
[Image: _DSC2957.jpg]
[Image: _DSC2965.jpg]
[Image: _DSC2969.jpg]
[Image: _DSC2979.jpg]
[Image: _DSC2983.jpg]
[Image: _DSC2985.jpg]
[Image: _DSC2984.jpg]

Cheers

[Image: UltimateShine-Banner-2.jpg]
Vincent West
Cell : 078 457 2137
http://www.ultimateshine.co.za
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2010, 10:49 AM
RE: Focus RS - Update
Your work = Very Very nice, panelbeater FTL Throwup
25-10-2010, 10:51 AM
It's pretty shocking the panelbeaters can leave a car's paint (which is kinda their bread-and-butter, right?) in sucha shocking state. Is this the norm for most establishments, or mainly the less-expensive smaller outfits?
25-10-2010, 12:58 PM
my my.... another run in with a panel beater and there won't be any clear coat left.... nice work Vince... that lsp looks great on blue.
25-10-2010, 01:54 PM
The more i see this RS... the more i'm starting to like it!

Off Topic: What camera did you get?

I'm leaning towards the 550D + 18 -200 lens

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
25-10-2010, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2010 02:36 PM by Vincent.)
I got myself the Nikon D3000 with lens kit... 18-55mm and the 55-200mm. paid R4200 for everything from a guy who bought it ... never opened it in 3 months and decided he didnt want it. The stuff was brand new... Nothing had even been opened. So i got a major score there.
Learning to use it has been one major learning curve.
All the pics I took above were on the Auto Setting.
But I can def see where the SLR can possibly take some really nice high quality pics.
I also need to learn how to photograph the subject. Getting the right angles and shots can make a huge difference.
Oh and I got to be a passenger taking a ride in this car... All i can say is that this is the fastest meanest car I have ever been in. The power is unreal. I cannot believe they can get so much of it from a 2.5 litre engine. I had goose flesh the entire time I spent in the car. Something I will never forget.

[Image: UltimateShine-Banner-2.jpg]
Vincent West
Cell : 078 457 2137
http://www.ultimateshine.co.za
25-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Nice work Vincent and congrats on the new camera Thumb

I've yet to make the jump from traditional point and shoot's (albeit one with manual controls) to a fully feldged DSLR with interchangeable lenses...One day when I'm big Bluebiggrin

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-10-2010, 07:15 PM
(25-10-2010 06:44 PM)Carn Wrote:  Nice work Vincent and congrats on the new camera Thumb

I've yet to make the jump from traditional point and shoot's (albeit one with manual controls) to a fully feldged DSLR with interchangeable lenses...One day when I'm big Bluebiggrin

Group buy then? Rofl

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
26-10-2010, 07:11 AM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2010 07:11 AM by Woodie.)
Nice work on the RS Vincent - that new camera has really improved your detailing Rofl. On a serious note though, it is a shame to see what repair shops do to cars in the name of polishing and you've done well to bring the paint back to life.

As far as cameras are concerned, SLRs give you a lot more options, but there is a learning curve and the inevitable cost of more and more equipment and accessories. I went the other way earlier this year, sold my SLR and bought a compact zoom jobbie. There was always something that I wanted for my camera and I lusted after some decent lenses, but there wasn't enough budget to support photography and detailing. I figured I was better at detailing than photography and made the change.
26-10-2010, 07:18 AM
/off-topic
Not a bad idea there Woodie. Since going the DSLR route a year ago (camera, bag, battery, cleaning), I've added 2 lenses, long for another and am worrying about the insurance hike!
26-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Apologies for derailing the thread Vincent, but if any of you are interested on the right way to combine detailing and photography, check out this dude and his setup - AutoDetailer
26-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Great work once again Vincent Thumb

I saw this car (or a similar one) in Blouberg the other night in the flesh and it looks like an awesome machine Drool

Shocking to see what the P-beaters can do to paint work. I am in the process of looking at opening a small panel / paint shop - seeing that the guvamenth is not funding our project and I need to find something to keep myself busy. Will let you know once it set up so that you can refer your clients who needs special care taken of their cars...Bluebiggrin
27-10-2010, 07:50 AM
WOW..... i love this car!!!! Great work Vincent... ClapClap Pdubs is a lucky bugger..... RoflRofl

[Image: eofeuw2ndrlkzzw51p5e.jpg]
01-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Nice work Vincent!!!!! Graet work you do and the car!!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ford Focus RS Vincent 13 26,096 22-09-2010 01:43 PM
Last Post: Torres1