Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.5 Average
knowledge of detailing v/s polishing v/s glazing v/s armourglaze
24-11-2010, 09:25 AM
knowledge of detailing v/s polishing v/s glazing v/s armourglaze
Does anyone know the diff between the above?
And which is the best, I used to work for a dealership and we sent cars to Auto Armour and they looked tops when they came back, BUT, sum of your rides polished looks better.

There are a lot of bs detailers out there as well who promise the earth and deliver a car full of machine scratches/swirls.

WTF, gone in for polish now more scratches?

Who do peeps trust, they show you tons of pics, but pics in diff angles look good.

Also what is the 2bm I hear about and does it work, cause the guys in the valet and carwash shops havent heard of it?

I use a meguires polisher and trust me it works nicely, but i want a polisher thats industrial. Been in for repairs now 2 times ...

By the way we do mobile carwashes. So theres a client who is a director at woodmead office park, who wants us to detail his aston martin....

Any help or should I get a detailer to do it?

tx
jabula
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2010, 01:14 PM
RE: knowledge of detailing v/s polishing v/s glazing v/s armourglaze
Personally, I would get a proffesional detailer to do it - the last thing you wanna do is mess up a clients Aston MartinHammerhead

I know nothing about detailing but I browse this site to learn as much as possible. The products are a bit pricey though.

These guys on this forum know their shyte!!!

There are many users that do brilliant work, but the 2 that stand out for me is Carn and Vincent. Their work is top classWorshippy

I have no doubt you will get all your answers on this forum!

Enjoy!

[Image: 2nv6zx0.jpg]
26-11-2010, 10:34 PM
sure thing, that car is worthbi moolla, i will call david
27-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Polishes - are a very essential product for the overall appearance and condition of the paint finish. There are abrasive polishes formulated to remove paint finish issues such as oxidation or other paint surface imperfections such as surface scratches. Light polishes contain either mild abrasives and / or a chemical cleaner (solvent) most mild abrasive polishes will remove medium scratches or surface imperfections, whereas a strong abrasive compound polish rely both on a chemical cleaner (solvent) l and mechanical abrasives to rectify more serious paintwork issues.

Glaze - their filling abilities are sometimes used on vehicle with thin paint, were further polishing would compromise the paint, they usually dissipate in a matter of days before the surface abrasions become visible again, washing the paint film surface will accelerate this process, using a Carnauba wax as an LSP will help the durability of the glaze somewhat by ‘sealing it.

I’m not trying to guess your detailing knowledge or experience but an Aston Martin is not the kind of vehicle to practice on

~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~-
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Togwt/141827572547893 -

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Andrewbuch's E46 318i - Detailing thread andrewbuch 17 48,305 13-12-2011 02:07 PM
Last Post: andrewbuch
  Some lazy/rushed detailing Razortjie 4 13,325 29-08-2011 07:11 AM
Last Post: Carn
  Detailing a Tank (Land Rover D3 content) PaulVW 23 66,009 07-03-2011 05:38 PM
Last Post: PaulVW