Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2 Average
Weekend Spring cleaning activities
13-12-2010, 07:27 AM
Weekend Spring cleaning activities
So this past weekend, my scheduled detail didn't happen for the second time as the owner once again did not pitch up with his car. As I was already psychologically prepared for a day of detailing, I decided that it was a good time to do some Spring cleaning on my own car. The exterior got the normal wash treatment, and I spent several hours of quality time with the wheels and wheel wells. Part of the wash cycle was using my recently acquired Meguiars Super Soap in the foam lance. I am really happy with the foaming action and dwell time and would rate it better than the Hyper Wash. The advantage that Hyper Wash has is the higher dilution ration (400:1) which means it's more cost effective compared to the Super Soap with its standard 128:1 dilution.

The wheels were scrubbed down with Meguiars Wheel Brightner and several brushes. A couple of tar spots were treated removed with Eucalyptus Oil. Once cleaned, the rims were treated with Rejex and the tyres got the now customary coat of Wheel Wax Extreme Black dressing.

The wheel wells were sprayed with Meguiars APC, which was left to dwell for a few minutes and then agitated with a variety of brushes to remove the stubborn dirt and grime that had built up since the last deep clean. Once cleaned and dried, the plastic bits were treated with 303 and the visible metal suspension bits got a coat of Rejex.

Unfortunately it would seem that God either has a warped sense of humour, or isn't a detailer, and the drive in to work this morning was in very wet conditions Bawling

Some pics

Super Soap in action

[Image: 443b7bb7.jpg]

[Image: b487b72a.jpg]

[Image: 17539ddf.jpg]

[Image: e2b841c5.jpg]

The state of the wheels before cleaning

[Image: 3771d2d7.jpg]

After Wheel Brightner and Eucalyptus Oil

[Image: b43ff0da.jpg]

Sealed with Rejex and ready to be refitted

[Image: 0b672769.jpg]

[Image: 446d6d93.jpg]

The wheel well sprayed with APC

[Image: 446348db.jpg]

The wheel well after cleaning and applying Rejex and 303

[Image: fe4ebd41.jpg]

Wheel refitted and the tyre dressed

[Image: f28af7ec.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2010, 10:49 AM
RE: Weekend Spring cleaning activities
That Megs Super Soap looks the biz...

Those wheels and wheel wells turned out really great! (Got to do mine before the long-haul to Cape Town)

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
13-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Tell us more about Rejex.
13-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Wheels and arches look slick.
13-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Nice and clean Sean...Have you been running the Rejex on the wheels for a while already and of so, what has the durability been like?

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-12-2010, 07:20 AM
(13-12-2010 07:16 PM)springbok Wrote:  Tell us more about Rejex.

(13-12-2010 09:40 PM)Carn Wrote:  Nice and clean Sean...Have you been running the Rejex on the wheels for a while already and of so, what has the durability been like?

I originally got the Rejex from one of the guys who posted on the Meguiars forum for a short while. According to the marketing blurb, it's a thin-film polymer coating designed to provide a high-release protective finish and prevents stains and adhesion of common contaminants such as exhaust, bugs, oil, tree sap, bird droppings, road grime, brake dust, etc.

I haven't tried it as a general LSP yet - only used it for the wheels and suspension bits, although it is designed for use on all painted surfaces, glass, smooth plastics and polished metal. I have been using it on both cars at home for more than a year now and I am happy with its performance. I usually reapply it every two months or so, and even then it is still providing an adequate level of protection.

More info here.
14-12-2010, 08:25 AM
Awesome results Woodie Thumbsup2 .. Those wheels sure came out "as good as new" .... Awesome !!!
14-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Interesting, thanks Woodie. Thumb

Do you top it with a wheel wax like Rimwax etc?
14-12-2010, 12:01 PM
(14-12-2010 08:53 AM)springbok Wrote:  Do you top it with a wheel wax like Rimwax etc?

Nope - just Rejex.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  WEEKEND CLEANUP PrevanP 8 19,669 15-12-2010 05:52 PM
Last Post: Carn
  Cleaning the Clio PaulVW 15 37,902 29-09-2010 05:02 PM
  So what you guys been up to this weekend? calypso 56 130,757 19-04-2009 01:00 AM