Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4 Average
Sup everyone
27-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Sup everyone
I'm Joe. I own a Frozen White Ford Focus ST. My pride and joy!

I sent it in to have the mirrors and wing spray painted gloss black. They did an awesome job. Only broblem is it appears they simply whiped the car clean before i took delivery. The paint now has fine scratches all over it. It's not very visible - needs to be in the right light to be seen. I grabbed the meguiars and polished a small piece and the scratches are gone.

I'll be polishing the car on saturday using my meguiars kit (Clay, quick detailer, polish & next gen wax). Any advice will be much appreciated as i'd like the end product to be perfect...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2011, 06:07 PM
RE: Sup everyone
Welcome

[Image: go4g43it2wi6u6xpewca-1.jpg]
27-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Welcome Joe Wavey

When it comes to polishing by hand your results will be very much limited by your stamina. That being said, working slowly on one section at a time rather than trying to finish everything in one go would probably be the best way forward Thumb

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Welcome!

...and remember to alternate arms - walking around with one bicep larger than the other aint cool Bluebiggrin

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
28-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Welcome Joe. I echo what Dave said - work on small, focussed areas and be patient. You don't have to do the whole car in one day. Rather 100% with several weeks of effort than 80% in one day.
28-01-2011, 07:57 AM
Welcome to Waxon JoeBlack Wavey

Yeah ... Think I will need to "invest" in a DA soon ... arms, back and legs not holding out ... Bawling
28-01-2011, 08:36 AM
(27-01-2011 09:23 PM)onyx Wrote:  Welcome!

...and remember to alternate arms - walking around with one bicep larger than the other aint cool Bluebiggrin

LOL!

Forgot to say i'll be using a rotary polisher too...

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
28-01-2011, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2011 08:47 AM by jagged.)
(27-01-2011 08:57 PM)Carn Wrote:  Welcome Joe Wavey

When it comes to polishing by hand your results will be very much limited by your stamina. That being said, working slowly on one section at a time rather than trying to finish everything in one go would probably be the best way forward Thumb

I agree...trying to do all the portions at once will knock the wind outta you esp if you are as unfit as I am...the bad part though Carn is that if you do a panel a day you have the re-clean the panel before applying wax/polish...that's where QD helped me...but I suppose I will have to get over my fear of polishers and get one sooner or later.

@JOEBLACK...Welcome to the Forum....I also have a white car and one of my fav products is Megs cleaner wax...(normally applied after I wash)...you probably would also have to consider a top up wax thereafter...a spray painting buddy of mine from a reputable Panel Beater advises that they normally use 3M products on the Bm's, Merc's etc....but there are so many products you would have to test before you settle on "your" product/s of choice.
28-01-2011, 09:07 AM
(28-01-2011 08:43 AM)jagged Wrote:  I agree...trying to do all the portions at once will knock the wind outta you esp if you are as unfit as I am...the bad part though Carn is that if you do a panel a day you have the re-clean the panel before applying wax/polish...that's where QD helped me...but I suppose I will have to get over my fear of polishers and get one sooner or later.

I would advise you clean, polish and then protect each panel as you go (ie complete one section at a time). Leaving some panels unprotected while you wait to attend to the rest is not recommended Thumb

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user