Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
Bonnet scratched by washing?
22-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Bonnet scratched by washing?
Hi Guys

Just went and fetched my car after they replaced the headlight bulb at dealer.

The bonnet looks as if they used sandpaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I should have asked them not to wash it but as it has some minor swirls I thought a few more will not make a difference as I am going to sort them out in the next week or so.

What to do? Maybe I must just sue them for the fun of it!!!!

Anyway,I have definitely learned my lesson. Should I put stickers in the windows as i have to take it back to them on Monday to replace my brakes?

You all have a good day further.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2011, 04:58 PM
RE: Bonnet scratched by washing?
Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the bonnet; I too have been through this. Dealership car wash bays, although impressive looking, often end up adding to swirls and scratches. I've watched the guys wash a few cars while I've waited for a service to finish and the amount of times they drop the cleaning and drying 'rags' is crazy!

I have always stuck 'special' instructions (sellotape and post-its) on my steering wheel, dash and drivers window. The fact they have always complied has probably something to do with the death threats I give the service manager, reception and a random salesman before-hand. Bluebiggrin

As for Monday's brake service, stick a couple 'reminders' in the wheel arch's for good measure!
22-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Sue them for what... washing your car?

A4 print out - DO NOT WASH on both rear windows and an instruction to the service agent.

Mind you, they might still FAIL and wash your car as courtesy Bluebiggrin

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
22-02-2011, 08:19 PM
It happens, dealers dont wash cars well. Put signs inside saying dont wash. Trust me, your not the only one doing it.
23-02-2011, 06:52 AM
Thats a nasty one...Next time leave lots of notes and make sure the service manager knows not to touch your car!!!

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-02-2011, 06:58 AM
(23-02-2011 06:52 AM)Carn Wrote:  Thats a nasty one...Next time leave lots of notes and make sure the service manager knows not to touch your car!!!

Definitely leave a note - the last time my car went for a service, I didn't have my note with me so I made sure to tell in the Service Manager in person that my car must not be washed. Guess what - they washed the car Hammerhead.
23-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks guys Cool

I will speak to the service guy and put the notes in the car.
23-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Yeah hey ... I think we've all been through it before ... that's one of the first things I learnt when joining a detailing forum ... don't let them (dealerships) wash your car ... Nono

Luckily I had a Meguiar's Automotive Paint Protection Certificate in the cubby .. indicating that
..."... This is to certify that a Meguiar's Paint Protection System has been applied to the above mentioned vehicle..."...

... when I took it in for a check and service ...
The vehicle was as dirty when I picked it up ... as when I brought it in ... Bluebiggrin
01-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Sorry to hear about this incident but you're not the first and certainly wont be the last. I used to tell the service manager to make sure they dont wash but yep, they managed to still wash it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Floor washing robots calypso 1 5,447 04-01-2009 03:31 PM
Last Post: Carn
  Bonnet in car whattingh 11 22,759 21-10-2008 07:57 AM
Last Post: MeTsU