Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WTF?
09-06-2011, 01:28 PM
WTF?
Last week a guy came past my shop and handed me a business card and price list for a car washing and "valet" service he has bought into. I did not think much of it and took it and looked at the prices, not bad if you think about what you're getting. R180 for a wash and dry, R250 for interior cleaning etc... Now today for the first time I saw him on the job, first of all he works in the sun, no shade, he uses a 5L bucket, only one, no two bucket method. I couldn't see what he uses as shampoo, but I saw a sunlight liquid bottle standing next to the customers' car. Using some mutton/cheese cloth, he and his co-worker tackled the Land Rover 110, after washing the car he opened the hood and started cleaning it with the high pressure washer, only dried it afterwards. Cleaned the wheels last.

What to do, name 'em and shame 'em, or let them dig their own grave?

Wouter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2011, 01:30 PM
RE: WTF?
Educate him, he is afterall trying to make a living.

[Image: 3orql10xyr5983zr0vrx.jpg]
09-06-2011, 04:00 PM
R180 for a wash and dry???? WOW !!
10-06-2011, 05:09 PM
(09-06-2011 01:30 PM)STaX Wrote:  Educate him, he is afterall trying to make a living.

that's what I'e been thinking. Good prices (and intentions) but wrong techniques. only a few adjustments required.

I've met one last saturday who advertised as ECO WASH. the guy was cleaning a range rover's headliner with a compressor (air pressure) and a cleaning solution which had a really very very strong smell too. I could see the dirt so quickly disappearing (or evaporating) on the headliner.

But when you reflect on it, where does the dirt go? the cleaning solution literally eats or swallows the dirt. So its more harmful than friendly. I'd prefer to use some mild APC, a steamer and a wet vac.
10-06-2011, 09:36 PM
WTF R180 For a wash a dry, what are you guys up there smoking, I want some as well !