Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4 Average
Audi TT - Detailed by Poor-Boys
18-08-2008, 04:48 PM
RE: Audi TT - Detailed by Poor-Boys
Quote:Siya if you use either the SIP or 106FA in the Menzerna range they both have a gloss level of 5 (the highest in the Menz ratings) and finish down extremely well (as a result of being based on diminishing abrasives). Some guys follow SIP with 106FA on a black LC pad (no cut) to jewel the surface even further but considering how well the SIP finished down on it's own, I hardly think for the average user it is worth it...Think that is what you were asking about unless I misunderstood you

Thanks Carn, guess it makes sense why Menzerna products are at a slight premium to other brands. The ability to compound and finish to a LSP ready surface is probably what makes their products special. As a Megs fan, I have to go through at least two product before thinking of a LSP.

Quote:just to top what Megesh said I'll list the steps and products used Bluebiggrin

Wash (Megs Shampoo Plus 30ml per 2 gallons water)
Dry
Clay (1 x meguiars clay used by Megesh, 1 x Clay magic fine used by myself both with Adams detail spray as lube in an atomiser bottle)
Plastic lenses polished (Mothers Plastic Polish)
Car Taped (3M painters Tape)
Correction and finishing 1 step (Menzerna IP and Light Cutting pad)

LSP originally 2 steps replaced with Chemical Guys Top Coat as a single step.

We spend the most of our time on the claying and correction stage of the detail, as in our opinion these are definitely the most important for a good finish.

Thanks Don / Megesh.

I presume you guys are using the DeWalt and Makita DAs? Why have you moved over to Lake Country pads? Is it the price compared to Meguiars pads or do they produce better results?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audi TT - Detailed by Poor-Boys - Carn - 18-08-2008, 09:14 AM
RE: Audi TT - Detailed by Poor-Boys - issi - 18-08-2008, 11:57 AM
RE: Audi TT - Detailed by Poor-Boys - Carn - 18-08-2008, 03:13 PM
RE: Audi TT - Detailed by Poor-Boys - Starvekos - 18-08-2008 04:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  White Corolla Detailed mommet 0 16,665 04-07-2014 09:20 AM
Last Post: mommet
  Silver Audi A8 Detail Lambros 17 44,186 03-04-2011 02:52 PM