Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.4 Average
Oh my gosh.....Wish me luck....
10-03-2009, 06:36 AM
Oh my gosh.....Wish me luck....
Hello guys

Just received a call from a good friend of mine. She has a rather sad looking MK2 Jetta and is selling it....

Sounds fine u say?

Err... Not....

She was complained that the paint was no longer white on the car and was going brown and even after cleaning the paint didnt look right...Sooo she had a go at it with some handy andy and a green courer.....

And it worked well ThrowupHammerhead

So after lecturing her about Oxidation, rust and just how badly she had screwed up her paint even more than it was screwed up already....

I am now detailing it this weekend... The catch is I only have one day.... (Send me a miracle :ionoBluebiggrin

So quick question...

1. Are there any cheapy brands out there that can remove oxidation easily? (Cheap cos Im using the Colli on it as an lsp)

2. I need some clay... But dont want to pay the world for it as I have four bars waiting in customs which I dont think I will get access to by this Saturday.... Anyone wanna break a piece in half or got a sample I can use? Will pay obviously.

3. How should I be attacking the rims? The car is a 1990 model so its old and its got those spoke rims as from the factory... Maybe try that vinegar solution thing? Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks guys!

Mike

[Image: 64-1.jpg]

** Still thinking of something intelligent to say... **

:icon9:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply