Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 3.38 Average
Toyota Conquest.... Conquered!
21-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Big Grin Toyota Conquest.... Conquered!
This sunday Fuwaad and i hooked up (FINALLY) for some much needed fun with the rotaries!
First up products and tools:
• 2x Rotary Polishers
• FlexiPads 4" & 8"
• Variety of brushes
• Variety of MFs
• CG Citrus Wash & Gloss
• Megs Last Touch
• High Pressure Hose
• CG Detailing Clay
• Adams & Blade APC
• CG new car shine dressing
• SmartWax Rim Wax
• Presta Swirl Remover
• Presta Chroma Polish
• CG XXX Paste Wax

• Chicken Licken Hotwings Bluebiggrin

We originally planned to meet at 7... but landed up starting at 9am Nono (Lesson learnt)

First up was the walk around the vehicle for some assessment and before pics.
Under a veil of dust... and Fuwaad being attacked by the extension cord in the background LOL
[Image: DSC01020.jpg]

Fender vs Alsatian!
[Image: DSC01021.jpg]

Really deep scratch! (Dont cheese off your Ex!)
[Image: DSC01024.jpg]

Safe to say the Wheel wells never had any cleaning!
[Image: DSC01025.jpg]
[Image: DSC01031.jpg]

LOL
[Image: DSC01028.jpg]

And so off we went to conquer the conquest!
Wheel well & Rim before
[Image: DSC01032.jpg]
[Image: DSC01033.jpg]

4:1 APC doing its thing
[Image: DSC01034.jpg]
[Image: DSC01035.jpg]

And the final result! (man that took longer than we expected.. maybe we shoulda done this over 2 days!??!? :ionoBluebiggrin
[Image: DSC01036.jpg]
[Image: DSC01038.jpg]
[Image: DSC01039.jpg]

Onto the bodywork... no spot left untouched... APC and brushes our weapon of choice!
[Image: DSC01043.jpg]
[Image: DSC01045.jpg]

Onto the wash... CG Citrus Wash & Gloss in the foam gun attachment
[Image: DSC01046.jpg]

And rinsed! Already looking better hey...... Bluebiggrin
[Image: DSC01047.jpg]

Dried and pulled into the sunlight to check what we're in for
[Image: DSC01049.jpg]
[Image: DSC01056.jpg]

Car littered with bird dropping etchings!
[Image: DSC01051.jpg]

Onto the Claying process
[Image: DSC01064.jpg]

Presta ready and waiting - CG Diamond Cut and Laser Buff at the ready too...
(just not enough hours in the day i tell ya)
[Image: DSC01075.jpg]

Test area taped and settled on Presta Swirl Remover & Chroma Polish.... CG Polishes just dust too much!!!
[Image: DSC01072.jpg]

Still some light swirls after one pass so hit it with another and looking fantastic!
Set the camera down and working on either side of the car, we made really good time... Icon9
[Image: DSC01089.jpg]

And finally (drum roll) the afters!!!!
[Image: DSC01080.jpg]
[Image: DSC01081.jpg]
[Image: DSC01084.jpg]
[Image: DSC01091.jpg]
[Image: DSC01100.jpg]
[Image: DSC01101.jpg]
[Image: DSC01087.jpg]
[Image: DSC01105.jpg]
[Image: DSC01102.jpg]

Thanks for looking! Bluebiggrin
[Image: DSC01088.jpg]

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2009, 12:39 PM
RE: Toyota Conquest.... Conquered!
Very nice boys Bluebiggrin LOL@ the hot wings

freerider AKA don

21-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Very very nice and glossy. Good work!

Mike
21-07-2009, 09:43 PM
I liked the work on the wheel wells
22-07-2009, 07:22 AM
Nice work guys - the results are really good. The wheel wells came out very nice.

I guess you found out that there is always more work than time once you get stuck in.

Just a word of advice (and please take this as constructive criticism and not an insult) - as a finishing touch as part of your final wipedown, go around the vehicle with a small detailing brush and some detailing spray and make sure that all polish/wax residue is removed. It's a PITA step after a long day detailing, but it definitely lifts the finished product to the next level. (Just as an example, check out the window trim and gap between the door and fender on these two pictures.)

(21-07-2009 11:16 AM)onyx Wrote:  [Image: DSC01091.jpg]

[Image: DSC01087.jpg]

P.S. Did you guys dress the tyres with the Chicken Licken sauce? Rofl
22-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Our first real attempt... we were very pleased and welcome all comments. It can only make our efforts better and better Clap

@ Woodie: Yeah it really did feel like there wasnt enough hours in the day. However i do believe with more practice we will only get quicker and more streamlined(definately learnt a few lessons along the way) Bluebiggrin

wrt the polish/wax residue... this was something that really bugged us! We tried to make it go 'bye-bye' during the wash stage with brushes, APC... it just wouldnt play ball! Any suggestions?

That aint chicken licken sauce on the tyres... once done eating, we just rubbed our oily hands over them Rofl

22-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Nicely done guys Thumb

As a word of caution I would advise you check you progress with a proper IPA wipedown when using the Presta Swirl Remover. It claims to contain no fillers but kaolin clay (one of the most commonly used fillers in detailing products) is listed as an ingredient on the packaging. In our own personal use I have found it to correct quite nicely on 1st inspection but after an IPA wipedown many of the minor defects return Wink

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-07-2009, 07:25 AM
(22-07-2009 09:29 AM)onyx Wrote:  wrt the polish/wax residue... this was something that really bugged us! We tried to make it go 'bye-bye' during the wash stage with brushes, APC... it just wouldnt play ball! Any suggestions?

I'm usually able to get the residue sorted with a quick detailer and a soft brush or MF. Sometimes there are some stubborn areas where a stiffer bristle is needed. In these cases I use the detailer spray and the Meguiars Triple Detail brush (http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/accessorie..._138.html)

Meguiars no longer make these brushes, but sometimes you stumble across them as really old stock in the Makro and BW outlets.
23-07-2009, 06:19 PM
The trick is to remove the residue as soon as possible, once its hard its a mission, my door jams know.
26-07-2009, 10:17 PM
WOW
great results there
the car looks brand new again
well done
20-01-2011, 12:47 PM
It was a nice trick for the car; I've totally agreed that it was look a brand new car again. It was a best plan to conquer that car because of the exhibit to make it new.
20-01-2011, 06:19 PM
(20-01-2011 12:47 PM)Raidon Wrote:  It was a nice trick for the car; I've totally agreed that it was look a brand new car again. It was a best plan to conquer that car because of the exhibit to make it new.

[Image: English_Motherfucker_Do_You_Speak_It.jpg]

20-01-2011, 09:16 PM
FROPMSL!!!
21-01-2011, 07:24 AM
Nice work guys.... Arches looking good.
22-01-2011, 11:34 PM
seen better detailing than this (talking bout the polish / residue on rear door frame) ... even my domestic can polish without going over the moulding etc ..... I got shocked when I saw that .... my 3 cents
23-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Bit of a harsh comment on an 18 month old thread especially where this matter has already been discussed by Woodie.
23-01-2011, 09:03 PM
(22-01-2011 11:34 PM)PAP AND FLIES Wrote:  seen better detailing than this (talking bout the polish / residue on rear door frame) ... even my domestic can polish without going over the moulding etc ..... I got shocked when I saw that .... my 3 cents

Thanks for that...

I really do appreciate the constructive feedback.

24-01-2011, 08:16 AM
(22-01-2011 11:34 PM)PAP AND FLIES Wrote:  seen better detailing than this (talking bout the polish / residue on rear door frame) ... even my domestic can polish without going over the moulding etc ..... I got shocked when I saw that .... my 3 cents

How about you putting your 3c back in your wallet, pull your finger out of your arse and post a proper write up of a detail that you've recently done rather than make comments about Handy Andy and Brasso, and the Aston Martin and Bently (sic) Continental that you've supposedly been asked to do?

Methinks you're simply a phantom or a troll trying to stir, and I have happily taken the bait.
04-05-2011, 07:36 PM
(24-01-2011 08:16 AM)Woodie Wrote:  

How about you putting your 3c back in your wallet, pull your finger out of your arse and post a proper write up of a detail that you've recently done rather than make comments about Handy Andy and Brasso, and the Aston Martin and Bently (sic) Continental that you've supposedly been asked to do?

Methinks you're simply a phantom or a troll trying to stir, and I have happily taken the bait.

Clap

The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars. - Carl Sagan
05-05-2011, 11:09 AM
(24-01-2011 08:16 AM)Woodie Wrote:  

Exactly my thoughts... Clap

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Silver Toyota Corolla mommet 0 7,887 06-01-2014 08:29 PM
Last Post: mommet
  Xtreme makeover - Toyota Vitz zckid 10 33,702 14-08-2012 01:36 PM
Last Post: devzo
  single step correction on a Toyota Vitz zckid 8 23,464 29-07-2011 09:39 PM
Last Post: zckid