Thread Rating:
  • 17 Votes - 4 Average
The Raceglaze range in depth...
02-11-2009, 07:37 PM
The Raceglaze range in depth...
Following on from the Introductory thread, I have prepared a brief overview of the various Raceglaze products along with the regular pricing. There will also be some terrific introductory offers on the entire range, so keep your eyes peeled for the follow-on thread coming shortly Clap

Righty then, first up I'll start with the Signature Series paste waxes and Pre-Wax Cleaner.

The crowning glory of the Raceglaze range is the Signature Series 55' paste wax.

[Image: 55.jpg]

55' is 55% pure Carnauba by volume and comes in a 230ml wide mouthed tub.

This is the top paste wax produced by Raceglaze in the UK and leaves a stunning wet look, high gloss shine. This wax is suitable for all colours, including metallics and lighter shades such as white and silver. Despite the very high Carnauba content it goes on and off easily and smoothly. This fine wax also has an established reputation for unbeatable durablity, comparable to the likes of those costing more than twice the price. On top of all of this, this wax has been used on many a concours winner throughout the years including multiple trophys at the Ferrari Owners Concours, the Porsche Club GB concours as well as the Independent Porsche Club Pride of Ownership.

The regular RRP on the 55' is R885 for the 230ml tub. Whilst the price is on the high side compared to most of it's logical competitors (50/50 and AG HD wax), the higher volume (230ml vs 200ml) put's it pretty much on par.

Next up in the range is the Signature Series 42' paste wax.

[Image: 42.jpg]

As with the 55', the 42' moniker identifies the product as having a carnauba wax content of 42% by volume. The product comes in the same 230ml wide mouthed jar that allows even the fattest applicators to fit in easily.

The Signature Series 42' paste wax offers very similar looks to the 55' (they all look almost identical IMHO) but differs only in slightly reduced durability. I will be doing a side by side comparison of the 2 to monitor the durability in our climate.

RRP on the 42' is R635 which puts it squarely up against the likes of CG's Pete's 53 amongst others. Once again considering the durability and total volume of product, this is a terrific alternative to the regular paste waxes currently available.

Finally, the Pre-Wax Cleaner completes the Signature Series line-up.

[Image: pwc.jpg]

This product is a paint cleaner/glaze that contains no abrasives. It's primary function is to strip old LSP's and glaze's in order to provide a completely clean surface for optimal bonding of the Signature Series waxes. The fillers and oils add depth and restore lustre to weathered surfaces whilst providing limited protection from the elements. As with all glaze's it is recommended that you top the paintwork with a proper wax or sealant to lock in the glaze and provide proper protection from the elements

RRP on the SS Pre-Wax Cleaner is R220 for a 250ml bottle.

With the Signature Series out of the way, lets take a look at the other products in the line up.

The most prominent product in the line-up, aside from the Signature Series waxes, has to be the Raceglaze Leather Care Kit.

[Image: lcc.jpg]

The Leather Care Kit comes with everything you need to clean and protect your leather interior. Included in the kit is the Leather Cleaner, Leather Balm, soft leather brush, 2 applicators and a microfiber towel.

The Leather Cleaner is glycerine-based and works to effectively and gently draw out deep-seated dirt and grime from without saturation. The soft bristle brush is used to gently scrub the leather and remove all the ingrained dirt. With the cleaning completed, the Leather Balm which is a pH neutral conditioning emulsion, works to revitalise the leather, restoring its supple feel and the original scent of the hide. Its light formulation ensures maximum penetration without clogging the perforations and stitching, leaving a non-sticky, non-oily, beautiful satin finish.

The RRP on the complete Leather Care Kit is R395.

The Alcantara Cleaner is a new product in the Raceglaze stable, having only recently been released.

No pic's of this yet sorry Uhoh2

Essentially this is a product that has been specifically formulated to clean suede and alcantara surfaces. This is a wipe on, wipe off product that works to effectively remove soiling along with all types of common bacteria that produce odours.

RRP is set at R180 for the 250ml bottle.

For all the washing aficionado's, we have the Raceglaze Lambswool Wash mitt...

[Image: mitt.jpg]

Made from the finest tufted Australian sheepskin, this is the Rolls Royce of wash mitts. Its deep pile takes dirt away from the surface, preventing the scratches and swirls so easily generated by sponges. The thumbed design along with the elasticated cuff makes it a pleasure to use without having to worry about it slipping off your hand and landing on the floor. It's generous size makes for effortless washing whilst ensuring marring free washing.

RRP on the wash mitt's are only R160!

Finally we have the increasingly popular Raceglaze XL Wheel Brushes...

[Image: xlb.jpg]

These brushes are comparable to the Daytona and Ez-Detail brushes but are slimmer in profile with slightly firmer bristles for more adequate cleaning. The bristles are also shorter allowing you easier access between brakes and/or on smaller wheels where space is limited. The solid handle also prevents the brush from become overly deformed, something that is difficult on the soft shafted Daytona style brushes. Another welcome side effect of the shorter bristles is the vastly reduced 'splatter' compared with the Daytona's and Ez-Detail brushes...Great if you prefer not looking like a dalmation after cleaning your wheels Bluebiggrin

The RRP on the XL Wheel Brushes is R165, terrific value for money IMHO.

That is essentially the entire range that is available at the moment. There are a few other products like the Alutech Metal Polish that I will be playing with over the coming weeks, but currently only the above mentioned items are readily available. If you have any questions, fire away!

Finally in closing, as I mentioned earlier in the thread I will be running an introductory promotion on all of the products. Details will follow shortly Thumb

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2009, 07:54 PM
RE: The Raceglaze range in depth...
Looks good, interested in getting my hand on some of that. EZ Detail brush cant fit between my caliper and wheel.
Find all posts by this user
02-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Thanks for sorting me out Dave Bluebiggrin

[Image: Crop.jpg]
02-11-2009, 08:21 PM
(02-11-2009 08:00 PM)Lambchop Wrote:  Thanks for sorting me out Dave Bluebiggrin

Pleasure Nick, it was nice catching up with you on the weekend Thumb

Now get cracking and put the new products to work...I want to see some pics Bluebiggrin

www.mobileimage.co.za

02-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Those brushes look great! (love to see it in action/a review perhaps)

Interesting side note: the waxes were developed to rival Swissvax and Zymol brand equivalents!
Not to shabby hey Nige Bluebiggrin

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
02-11-2009, 08:35 PM
(02-11-2009 08:28 PM)onyx Wrote:  Those brushes look great! (love to see it in action/a review perhaps

As soon as my stock arrives I'll put it through it's paces alongside my Daytona and Ez-Detail brush Thumb

(02-11-2009 08:28 PM)onyx Wrote:  Interesting side note: the waxes were developed to rival Swissvax and Zymol brand equivalents!
Not to shabby hey Nige Bluebiggrin

Indeed squire, IIRC the 55' lasted just as long as some of the 'finest' waxes money can buy including...

Swissvax Divine, Mystery, BoS and Concourso
Zymol Vintage and Glasur

Other budget waxes that performed well IIRC were Autoglyms HD wax, Victoria's Concours and Collinite 915!

All of the above waxes were still protecting the paintwork after 6 1/2 months. Granted this was in cooler UK conditions, but on the flip side they have ice and road salt, etc to contend with Thumb

www.mobileimage.co.za

03-11-2009, 11:50 AM
(02-11-2009 08:21 PM)Carn Wrote:  
(02-11-2009 08:00 PM)Lambchop Wrote:  Thanks for sorting me out Dave Bluebiggrin

Pleasure Nick, it was nice catching up with you on the weekend Thumb

Now get cracking and put the new products to work...I want to see some pics Bluebiggrin

Yeah was great catching up bud Bluebiggrin

Ill be testing the RG 55 Soon . Just need to touch up the Paint a bit
then ill post a review

That wax smells awesome though and i think a little will def go along way

The SV Shield iv currently got on seems to be holding up to the curent abuse Bluebiggrin

So lets see ...Maybe the RG will have the Shield properties with the BOS shine Bluebiggrin

[Image: Crop.jpg]
20-11-2009, 02:09 AM
Fresh from manning our stand at the UK Classic Motorshow, and logging on here for the first time in a good while, its pleasing to see you guys having picked out the message that about a dozen existing users of 55 repeated to me at the show (the UKS biggest non-current model car show).
Simply, this amount of grade one white carnauba in such an easy to use formulation with terrific longevity and depth of shine at this price meant I simply pointed out the facts to new users who made up their own minds. I'm sure anyone who buys 42 or 55 wax in SA will be as delighted as our UK customers.
20-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Heya Mark,

Thanks for logging on again, look forward to your input and advice on your range of products Thumb

www.mobileimage.co.za

09-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Gave the Golf its annual tidy up in early December, nothing major:
  • Wash with Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine;
  • Clay with Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Mild (blue) clay;
  • Polish with Meguiar's M205 Ultra Finishing Polish on a rotary. Used a variety of Lake Country orange pads (CCS, flat and kompressor)
  • LSP = RaceGlaze Signature Series 55

It was a sticky summers day so I wasn't surprised to find the wax sweating. Went of with ease and once the pad was primed I found myself making infrequent dabs in the tub. Removal was not as easy as say Sonax Xtreme Paste Wax or Meguiar's M26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax but nowhere as arduous as AutoGlym HD Wax or Meguiar's M16 Professional Paste Wax. I left it to haze while I dressed up the trim and tyres. Removed it using a working microfiber to break the skin of the wax and then a final sweep with a Werkstat plush microfiber towel.

I like the look that this wax produced, its got the warmth of a carnauba wax and leaves behind that glassy look of a sealant. It reminds me of SmartWax Concourse wax.

Few pics, unfortunately the sun was up so I couldn't get decent pics outside.

[Image: F_0018.jpg]

[Image: F_0050.jpg]

[Image: F_0060.jpg]

[Image: F_0111.jpg]
09-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Looks great, that GTI has seem more LSP then any other car in SA Bluebiggrin
09-01-2010, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2010 10:03 PM by Kido.)
Looks extra Red!
How long did you leave the wax on before buffing?
Also what are thoughts on the LC flat pads compared to the CCS pads?
09-01-2010, 11:11 PM
1 x Raceglaze Lambswool Wash mitt please. Very nice price...
10-01-2010, 11:41 AM
(09-01-2010 11:11 PM)Rory Wrote:  1 x Raceglaze Lambswool Wash mitt please. Very nice price...

I have stock arriving in 2 weeks Rory Wink

www.mobileimage.co.za

22-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Hi David,

I am about to use the Raceglaze Leather Care Kit for the first time.

I would like to know if one apply the cleaner as-is or diluted? (It seems a bit thick to me). Also, do you use the applicator damp or dry ?

Thanks,
Paul
22-07-2010, 08:17 AM
(22-07-2010 07:49 AM)PaulVW Wrote:  Hi David,

I would like to know if one apply the cleaner as-is or diluted? (It seems a bit thick to me). Also, do you use the applicator damp or dry ?

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paulvw, I purchased this from David a couple of months back and in using it I have used the cleaner as is, it goes on fairly easily and comes off pretty easily too since you will be rubbing the leather with a damp cloth after the cleaner.

As for applicator, I kept mine clean and dry.

hope this helps but I am sure David will have more info on this.
22-07-2010, 08:26 AM
(22-07-2010 08:17 AM)Torres1 Wrote:  Hi Paulvw, I purchased this from David a couple of months back and in using it I have used the cleaner as is, it goes on fairly easily and comes off pretty easily too since you will be rubbing the leather with a damp cloth after the cleaner.

As for applicator, I kept mine clean and dry.

hope this helps but I am sure David will have more info on this.

Thanks Torres1!

This is similar to what I could make out from the instructions - I just wanted confirmation!

Cheers,
Paul
22-07-2010, 05:53 PM
(22-07-2010 07:49 AM)PaulVW Wrote:  Hi David,

Thanks,
Paul

Hey Paul,

I apply the cleaner as-is and either work it gently with the brush, or via a clean microfiber cloth. I typically use a 20c piece size drop to clean a 35cm - 40cm square section.

After cleaning I wipe down with a damp cloth before wiping down with a dry towel and then applying the balm Thumb

www.mobileimage.co.za

23-07-2010, 06:54 AM
My slightly different method for what it's worth.

I first wipe down the leather with a very mild (20:1 or greater dilution) APC solution and an MF cloth.

I then use my bare hands to massage the RG cleaner into the leather and leave it to do its thing for 2-5 minutes. (Usually by the time I get to the last section, the first section has 'rested' for long enough). The treated area is then wiped down with a clean, damp MF, which is rinsed regularly in clean water (you will be amazed at the amount of dirt that is removed).

After allowing the cleaned leather to air dry for a while, I follow up with the balm, which is applied using a foam applicator. This step is followed by a final wipe down with a clean, dry MF to leave a clean fresh smelling leather interior.

P.S. This also works well for leather lounge suites - I did ours last weekend Bluebiggrin.
23-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the replies David & Woodie!

I will give it a shot this weekend!

Cheers,
Paul

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Raceglaze XL brushes and SS Wash Mitts back in stock... Carn 8 27,406 30-03-2011 09:56 PM
Last Post: Torres1
Wink New Chemical Guys range 'almost' available... Carn 6 21,426 14-01-2010 10:06 PM
Last Post: Rory
  Collinite range now available... Carn 5 14,910 09-12-2009 08:08 PM
Last Post: Lambchop