Thread Rating:
  • 15 Votes - 1.53 Average
Cleaning a MK5 GTi- All you need to know (Other cars too)
25-11-2008, 12:31 PM
RE: Cleaning a MK5 GTi- All you need to know (Other cars too)
Was going to say the products and methods used (engine rinsing) are a tad unconventional but I didn't wanna be the 1st to say it....Now that Siya's gotten the nitty gritty out of the way we may proceed Rofl

Mike no offence but there are tried and tested products and methods that are better suited to the job at hand (wrt cleaning the car) than some that you have mentioned.

As far as rinsing the engine a fine mist from a pressure washer is alot safer than pouring a jug of water over the motor or rinsing it with the open end of a hose. Always cover sensitive components with a plastic or, as TOGWT mentioned aluminium foil to protect them from water ingress. I seldom do this and have yet to have any issues (touch wood) but I guess there is a 1st time for everything though Bluebiggrin

The APC for the wheels should be fine but be very carefull (especially so with the clear coat only GTI type wheels). On the engine and exhausts, etc it should pose no problems but using it to clean the entire car is not recommended IMHO. I have seen 1st hand how many APC type products strip all the oils from window seals/rubbers as well as staining many plastic parts. Always be carefull with harsh products on the exerior of the car Wink

Other than that the car looks really good, I hope you sealed up the paint again with a good quality wax or sealant to provide protection from the elements as Siya mentioned Wink

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cleaning a MK5 GTi- All you need to know (Other cars too) - Carn - 25-11-2008 12:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Some Cars Ive Done Evovish 14 33,674 13-02-2011 01:28 AM
Last Post: Edlover
  Weekend Spring cleaning activities Woodie 8 22,322 14-12-2010 12:01 PM
Last Post: Woodie
  20 Cars ,7 Days Extremely Contaminated.Detailed by Chemical Guys & Smartwax S.A Naush 12 33,311 26-11-2010 10:47 PM
Last Post: PAP AND FLIES