Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
Hallo from the lowveld
28-01-2011, 04:55 PM
RE: Hallo from the lowveld
Thank you, I think I'll sto "f"ing you all around and save up for the Shield DAS6, however, I will still be ordering my product list mentioned above and start by hand, maybe I'll have to moola soon for the machine.

Thanks againThumb

Wouter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2011, 07:19 AM
(28-01-2011 04:55 PM)katotter Wrote:  Thank you, I think I'll sto "f"ing you all around and save up for the Shield DAS6, however, I will still be ordering my product list mentioned above and start by hand, maybe I'll have to moola soon for the machine.

If you're interested, my <1 year old Meguiars G220 may be up for sale in the next week or so Thumb
31-01-2011, 08:01 AM
Welcome to Waxon katotter. Just a point on the polish and sealant side. I'm a huge fan of AG SRP followed by EGP. After a proper wash, clay, SRP + EGP treatment, a coat of Collie 845 will give your car the slickest finish imaginable.
31-01-2011, 08:15 AM
(31-01-2011 07:19 AM)Woodie Wrote:  
(28-01-2011 04:55 PM)katotter Wrote:  Thank you, I think I'll sto "f"ing you all around and save up for the Shield DAS6, however, I will still be ordering my product list mentioned above and start by hand, maybe I'll have to moola soon for the machine.

If you're interested, my <1 year old Meguiars G220 may be up for sale in the next week or so Thumb

I am verrrry intrerested, are you going the rotary route? At what price? I can organise a courier pickup.

Wouter
31-01-2011, 11:18 AM
(31-01-2011 08:15 AM)katotter Wrote:  I am verrrry intrerested, are you going the rotary route? At what price? I can organise a courier pickup.

No - I already have a rotary, which I use alongside my G220. It just depends on what I am working on and what I am trying to achieve.

I am planning to get the G220 V2, which is the latest version of the G220. I am just waiting on confirmation of the arrival of the stock (hopefully by the end of this week) and once I have the new one in my hands, I can let the old one go to a good home. I haven't finalised the price yet, but it will be in the region of R1k.
31-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Please keep me postedThumb

Wouter
31-01-2011, 11:35 AM
(31-01-2011 11:18 AM)Woodie Wrote:  
(31-01-2011 08:15 AM)katotter Wrote:  I am verrrry intrerested, are you going the rotary route? At what price? I can organise a courier pickup.

No - I already have a rotary, which I use alongside my G220. It just depends on what I am working on and what I am trying to achieve.

I am planning to get the G220 V2, which is the latest version of the G220. I am just waiting on confirmation of the arrival of the stock (hopefully by the end of this week) and once I have the new one in my hands, I can let the old one go to a good home. I haven't finalised the price yet, but it will be in the region of R1k.

Region of 1K..... That's a steal Katotter!
And i would say that it hasn't been used much, but i'd be lying Bluebiggrin

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
31-01-2011, 12:37 PM
(31-01-2011 11:35 AM)onyx Wrote:  
(31-01-2011 11:18 AM)Woodie Wrote:  

Region of 1K..... That's a steal Katotter!
And i would say that it hasn't been used much, but i'd be lying Bluebiggrin
I will deffinately go for it, as soon as it is up, I'll take it. but I have a few questions now, my list listed above, do I still go for this or do I get a new list, for machine polishing instead of hand applied products? I will be searching for this, but any input will be appriciated.Thumb

Wouter
01-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Ok, so I've made up a new list, hopefully the last one:thinking:see the list below, and any comments are welcome

Wouter
02-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Hi Kakotter

Customize your list so that you are able to use the machine fully. You'll need to add some pads and backing plates too.

Detailing is addicting.

Ask the pros b4 you buy in order to get the right stuff.
03-02-2011, 01:11 PM
(02-02-2011 03:00 PM)zckid Wrote:  Hi Kakotter

Customize your list so that you are able to use the machine fully. You'll need to add some pads and backing plates too.

Detailing is addicting.

Ask the pros b4 you buy in order to get the right stuff.
Hey zckid,

I will be customizing my list to suit the machine applications, just waiting on the machine... Any advice on what to get anyone out here? I need something to cut, polish and then seal, all the other stuff like pre-wax, wash, clay etc... I will get by myself.

Regards,

Wouter
03-02-2011, 03:13 PM
(03-02-2011 01:11 PM)katotter Wrote:  Hey zckid,

I will be customizing my list to suit the machine applications, just waiting on the machine... Any advice on what to get anyone out here? I need something to cut, polish and then seal, all the other stuff like pre-wax, wash, clay etc... I will get by myself.

Regards,

I'd recommend the Menzerna polish range. Having used them extensively I can say that aside from a few odd occasions, they have never let me down Thumb

I have kits with all 3 polishes (compounding, polishing and finishing) for R375 (3 x 250ml).

Aside from the polish you will need some pads. To start out with I'd suggest something with a medium cut and something with a finer cut. The 3M pads are my goto on the rotary, but most guys prefer either the Hex Logic or LC pads on the DA machines. The Meguiars pads are also nice, but stupidly expensive locally Uhoh2

In terms of sealing (LSP) you have 2 choices. Either go for a wax or a synthetic sealant. On the wax front I would recommend something like Collinite 845 (476ml @ R150 iirc), whilst for a sealant my new goto is the Menzerna Powerlock sealant (250ml @ R250).

Hope that helps Thumb

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2011, 03:45 PM
(03-02-2011 03:13 PM)Carn Wrote:  I'd recommend the Menzerna polish range. Having used them extensively I can say that aside from a few odd occasions, they have never let me down Thumb

I have kits with all 3 polishes (compounding, polishing and finishing) for R375 (3 x 250ml).

Aside from the polish you will need some pads. To start out with I'd suggest something with a medium cut and something with a finer cut. The 3M pads are my goto on the rotary, but most guys prefer either the Hex Logic or LC pads on the DA machines. The Meguiars pads are also nice, but stupidly expensive locally Uhoh2

In terms of sealing (LSP) you have 2 choices. Either go for a wax or a synthetic sealant. On the wax front I would recommend something like Collinite 845 (476ml @ R150 iirc), whilst for a sealant my new goto is the Menzerna Powerlock sealant (250ml @ R250).

Hope that helps Thumb
Hey David,

Thanx for the info man Thumb as soon as I have the machine I will place an order with you and send my guys to pick it up... As for the pads, I will get me some flexipad pads, dont know what colors though, red, blue, pink, white or yellow? I think for a cut I need a white one, polishing a blue one, an for finishing a red one, is this right?

Thanx for all your helpThumb
Regards,

Wouter
03-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Hi buddy
You got all the info from David. I also went for the Menzerna line following David's advice. He's been very helpful. I bought the LC pads the 6.5 and 4 inch pads.

Need some free time to try & need to build more confidence too (I've got a 5 kg rotary - OMG! it's a long story...)

But I did try using the rotary, still at the raw stage though - a very big big lot to learn. I'll post some pics

But it is rewarding Bluebiggrin

take care
Zaid

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hallo Grantsterza 2 30,114 06-02-2013 09:15 PM
Last Post: kripstoe