Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.4 Average
Products from abroad- Have your say
10-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Exclamation Products from abroad- Have your say
Hello everyone.

I have been given the oppertunity to resell products from overseas to the South African public.

These products include- Zaino, Meguirs, Swissvax and many others.

My question for all the detailers here is what sort of products from overseas would you be interested in having? These can be from Detailingworld or any product that you want that is not available here in South Africa.

I look forward to your responses and hope that I can be of a benefit to the members of this forum.

Mike

[Image: 64-1.jpg]

** Still thinking of something intelligent to say... **

:icon9:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2008, 02:52 PM
RE: Products from abroad- Have your say
You gonna have a problem with Meguiars and Swissvax, as there are already agents in SA for thos 2 products.

freerider AKA don

10-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Thats perfectly fine. I know that much. They were just the two products that first sprung to mind. Bluebiggrin
My head is not too screwed on today. I blame it on the heat.

Mike

10-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Hi Mike

This thread may be of interest to you.

I wouldn't mind Werkstat, Clearkote and Blackfire products being made available locally at a fixed Rand amount.
10-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Hey Mike,

I think there a few 'niche' products that are available overseas that aren't sold here, but I think you need to ask yourself what you wish to achieve by marketing these items here. Unless you are bringing in large enough quantities to help absorb the expensive shipping charges out here, I don't think it is a very lucrative market to be in at the moment. For one detailing as such is a relatively new concept here in SA with most everyday consumers being content with the 'premium' brands such as Meguiars (and soon Sonax) that are available in the large chain stores. As far as the more 'professional' detailers within the community I think they all have their firm favourites already and/or would look at bringing them in directly. That being said however, if you were prepared to carry stock, the pricing was competitive and you had a nice selection of popular but locally unavailable goods you might get somewhere.

A difficult one for sure and I wish you all the best with it Wink

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2008, 08:45 AM
I wouldnt mind some Zymol
11-11-2008, 09:32 AM
(11-11-2008 08:45 AM)auto spa Wrote:  I wouldnt mind some Zymol

I thought you already have the Glassur if I am not mistaken Zaa ?

Whilst I agree both Zymol and SV make very good products, from all the independant side by side tests I have seen there is very little visual difference between some of the most expensive Zymol products and your bargain bucket waxes like Collinite. Granted there are some slight visual nuances, but definately nothing I have seen that makes the premium price tag easier to swallow or even justifiable. The biggest improvement in visual clout will come from the prep work, the LSP is simply the icing on the cake (all IMHO of course) Wink

www.mobileimage.co.za

11-11-2008, 09:35 AM
i have atlantique David..but its almost finishedSad

wil just be easier if you dont have to wait 4eva 2 get things 4rm abroad..

What products u use for oxidation,swirlies etc?
11-11-2008, 09:47 AM
(11-11-2008 09:32 AM)Carn Wrote:  Whilst I agree both Zymol and SV make very good products, from all the independant side by side tests I have seen there is very little visual difference between some of the most expensive Zymol products and your bargain bucket waxes like Collinite. Granted there are some slight visual nuances, but definately nothing I have seen that makes the premium price tag easier to swallow or even justifiable. The biggest improvement in visual clout will come from the prep work, the LSP is simply the icing on the cake (all IMHO of course) Wink

I agree with you fully there David. And with the current financial climate, bang for buck is playing a big role in my decisions.

Matteo - 2005 Polo 1.9TDi Sportline - Sooty
[Image: forumsignature.jpg]
11-11-2008, 11:18 AM
(11-11-2008 09:35 AM)auto spa Wrote:  wil just be easier if you dont have to wait 4eva 2 get things 4rm abroad..

What products u use for oxidation,swirlies etc?

Shipping usually isn't that bad from the UK and US, generally 2 weeks and the goods are here (in my experiences so far)

As for our products, etc its down to the Mobile-Image magic Wink

www.mobileimage.co.za

11-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Thank you for your quick replies everyone.

First off thank you for that thread. Very helpful Bluebiggrin

The idea behind this was rather simple Carn. I noticed you can buy Megs etc from Builders Warehouse and Makro etc but realised that although we do have some very good products locally we dont have one single place where we can order a variety of products at a decent/ affardable price instead of buying from the UK, then Makro then popping into builders for some tyre sheen etc etc.

By introducing international products like Zymol, Dodo Juice and Bilt hamber and therefore creating a greater variety for detailers and the everyday man who just wants to polish/ wax etc his car, detailing will become more popular. Think of it this way. You dont miss something unless you dont have it and the detailing market is like this at the moment.

I agree that products like Zymol can give the same results as a much cheaper product like Collinite. But that is what this is all about. Variety.

Of course this wont be about making a quick buck. I will haggle as best as I can to get the cheapest prices. I worked out that on our current exchange rate a tin of Bilt Hamber Auto Balm is over R200 which is just not worth it. So affardability will be a point that i will certainly try focusing on.

Thanks again for the help everyone. What other products are there that you would want?

Mike

11-11-2008, 07:18 PM
(11-11-2008 09:35 AM)auto spa Wrote:  iWhat products u use for oxidation,swirlies etc?

Sorry for the thread hijack. Zaa, what are you currently using for paint correction on your detailing jobs?
11-11-2008, 08:30 PM
(11-11-2008 07:18 PM)Starvekos Wrote:  Sorry for the thread hijack. Zaa, what are you currently using for paint correction on your detailing jobs?

Have asked the same question numerous times on the Veedub forum....it classified dammit Bluebiggrin

www.mobileimage.co.za

11-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Peanut butter and VIM
12-11-2008, 07:53 AM
(11-11-2008 11:23 AM)08micsta Wrote:  we dont have one single place where we can order a variety of products at a decent/ affardable price instead of buying from the UK, then Makro then popping into builders for some tyre sheen etc etc.

Ahem..........Yes we do.

The owner of this website...Freerider.
12-11-2008, 08:06 AM
(12-11-2008 07:53 AM)springbok Wrote:  
(11-11-2008 11:23 AM)08micsta Wrote:  we dont have one single place where we can order a variety of products at a decent/ affardable price instead of buying from the UK, then Makro then popping into builders for some tyre sheen etc etc.

Ahem..........Yes we do.

The owner of this website...Freerider.

Was wondering when someone would state the obvious Bluebiggrin

www.mobileimage.co.za

12-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Well someone had to jump in. Bluebiggrin
12-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Rofl Wavey

freerider AKA don

12-11-2008, 01:12 PM
(12-11-2008 09:38 AM)freerider Wrote:  Rofl Wavey

Oh... Right... Icon9
Sorry...

I have not been around here much.... Drool

12-11-2008, 01:21 PM
hehe Bluebiggrin

freerider AKA don

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Maintanance products Wells 3 33,819 21-08-2012 08:53 AM
Last Post: Wells
  odd uses for detailing products dood786 5 13,686 06-02-2010 02:58 PM
Last Post: Rory
  What products do you use? And a technical Question... Liqui-Moly 0 5,077 19-04-2009 09:23 PM
Last Post: Liqui-Moly