Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
Iyole's Black Cabbie (Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Litre)
30-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Iyole's Black Cabbie (Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Litre)
Hey guys

A few weeks back I gave Iyole's cab a quick once over prior to a matric dance.

I had the car overnight but only had about 5 hours to work on the car before a very rushed delivery. So here goes:

Goodness - Photobucket is useless these days... Takes sooo long to upload pics.

The first task was to give the fabric roof a thorough clean with some fabric cleaner lightly diluted.

[Image: DSCF0344.jpg]

I then continued to the dirty rims:

[Image: DSCF0330.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0328.jpg]

Once the roof and rims were sprayed down I then hosed the car down with a rich concentration of car shampoo:

[Image: DSCF0347.jpg]

I then towed the car dry and continued to do a single stage polish followed by 2 coats of wax. This gave the black a very gorgeous wetness:

[Image: DSCF0349.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0352.jpg]

The interior then needed some TLC:

[Image: DSCF0361.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0359.jpg]

It was then up to the final touches. Exhausts, trim, tyres, windows etc etc before delivery.

And of course a very quick shoot. Due to the rush the pics were taken in the space of 15 minutes so please excuse the lack of creativity. I think it gets the point across though. This is one beautiful car!

Pics!

[Image: DSCF0366.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0389.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0395.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0391.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0387.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0384.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0373.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0368.jpg]

The interior:

[Image: DSCF0396.jpg]

And the final farewell:

[Image: DSCF0364.jpg]

Thank you for letting me work on her. She is absolutely stunning!

Hope you guys enjoyed reading this!

Mike
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2010, 02:42 PM
RE: Iyole's Black Cabbie (Audi A4 Convertible 3.0 Litre)
(30-09-2010 01:29 PM)Minimike19 Wrote:  The interior then needed some TLC:

[Image: DSCF0361.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0359.jpg]

What's up with the fluffy toy on the pedals Thinking
I hope it wasn't used to seduce the girl on the matric farewell Rofl

Nice work man!
What did you use for the top if I may ask?
30-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Wahahahahaha!

The fluffy toy isnt on the pedals... Its in the coin compartment. But I must agree it looks like pedal slip ons. How cute would that be?!

I will have to check the fabric cleaner... I bought it at Trade Centre for R30 if I remember correctly. I use it on the carpets etc etc too and decided to give it a try but at a lesser concentration. It worked like a bomb!

Mike
30-09-2010, 03:09 PM
(30-09-2010 02:48 PM)Minimike19 Wrote:  Wahahahahaha!

The fluffy toy isnt on the pedals... Its in the coin compartment. But I must agree it looks like pedal slip ons. How cute would that be?!

Aah - I see now! Lack of 3D perspective FTL Rofl

(30-09-2010 02:48 PM)Minimike19 Wrote:  I will have to check the fabric cleaner... I bought it at Trade Centre for R30 if I remember correctly. I use it on the carpets etc etc too and decided to give it a try but at a lesser concentration. It worked like a bomb!

Interesting
I would really be reluctant to use such cheap commercial stuff on an expensive vehicle but you seem to pull it off. I use Adams Carpet Cleaner for fabrics, but that cost a bit more.

I would like to know which product the more expeienced guys propose for a convertable topThinking
30-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Hey PaulVW

I am going to take a step back here and speak my thoughts.

Many detailers and often car enthusiasts think that you need to use the most expensive to get the best results. Because bigger is better right?

WRONG.

This cleaner costs R30 for 1 litre. Its a dilute and you control the strength. To put this into perspective I first washed the roof with a proper convertible top cleaner which did practically nothing - it cost me nothing as I used to run the range but you would have paid R120 for it. I wasnt satisfied so did a small test section on the corner and 15 to 20 min later rinsed it and it worked brilliantly. I then completely under diluted the cleaner. I put 20ml of cleaner into a large bucket. The reason it foams is because of the texture of the fabric combined with a soft touch scrubbing brush and loads of water.

Sometimes you dont need the most amazing products to get good results. I would never recommend trying something without testing it though as that is silly. You get what you pay for but for example I find that a R25 bottle of Shield Blade Cleaner works brilliantly. In fact I use on all cars.

Mike
30-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Nice work Mike Thumb

You never know, the owner might still call you for a post 'prom' cleanup Bluebiggrin

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-09-2010, 10:06 PM
(30-09-2010 06:03 PM)Carn Wrote:  Nice work Mike Thumb

You never know, the owner might still call you for a post 'prom' cleanup Bluebiggrin

RoflRoflRofl

[Image: Waxonwaxoff2.jpg]
30-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Nice work, car looks good. Try follow up the hood with some 303, really works a treat.
01-10-2010, 09:10 AM
(30-09-2010 03:17 PM)Minimike19 Wrote:  Hey PaulVW

I am going to take a step back here and speak my thoughts.

Many detailers and often car enthusiasts think that you need to use the most expensive to get the best results. Because bigger is better right?

WRONG.

This cleaner costs R30 for 1 litre. Its a dilute and you control the strength. To put this into perspective I first washed the roof with a proper convertible top cleaner which did practically nothing - it cost me nothing as I used to run the range but you would have paid R120 for it. I wasnt satisfied so did a small test section on the corner and 15 to 20 min later rinsed it and it worked brilliantly. I then completely under diluted the cleaner. I put 20ml of cleaner into a large bucket. The reason it foams is because of the texture of the fabric combined with a soft touch scrubbing brush and loads of water.

Sometimes you dont need the most amazing products to get good results. I would never recommend trying something without testing it though as that is silly. You get what you pay for but for example I find that a R25 bottle of Shield Blade Cleaner works brilliantly. In fact I use on all cars.

Mike

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the feedback. I understand what you are saying and it's great that you found some cheaper products that work. My (very limited) experience to date has been that the more expensive products seems to work better and that you use less than the normal commercially available products. That is why I enquired about the product for the top, as I have never cleaned one myself.

Anyway, good luck with that post 'prom' cleanup Bluebiggrin
Cheers,
Paul

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  E46 M3 - Carbon Black calypso 47 124,585 15-08-2012 09:34 AM
Last Post: Wells
  First detail BMW X3 - Black mommet 9 28,347 31-03-2012 09:58 PM
Last Post: kripstoe
  Very soft black Civic corrected zckid 5 19,634 12-12-2011 02:35 PM