Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 1.67 Average
Bonnet in car
15-10-2008, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2008 03:48 PM by whattingh.)
Bonnet in car
Good day.
Went a panel beater shop today to get me a panel for practice and experiments. So a ask for at the place and they had a Opel(GM+German) bonnet, think maybe mid 2000's corsa. Now having a car with a fixed rear seat was tricky to figure how to get it in the car. It took me a while to find a why to get it in but some how did it. I know my car have space inside but to fit a small car bonnet in, I was a bit surprised.

[Image: DSC00715.jpg]

Here is my test panel.
[Image: DSC00718.jpg]

My first experiment is going to be shield orbital(don't have money for a real machine now) with Menzerna Final finish PO106FA. I don't expect to work but going to try away. I will put up my findings when I have done it. Anybody else maybe been mad enough to try it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2008, 03:56 PM
RE: Bonnet in car
I played around quite a bit with the shield orbital before getting a proper DA. It will get the job done up to a point. The other difference is it will take much longer for the product to actually break down. But you will get some sort of correction so it won't be a waste of you time Wink

I'm keen to see your results !
15-10-2008, 04:03 PM
(15-10-2008 03:56 PM)Pravin Wrote:  I played around quite a bit with the shield orbital before getting a proper DA. It will get the job done up to a point. The other difference is it will take much longer for the product to actually break down. But you will get some sort of correction so it won't be a waste of you time Wink

I'm keen to see your results !

u mean that thing will work with the Fluffy mop?????

[Image: sig1.jpg]
15-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Props to you for trying Bluebiggrin

Despite everyone taking the mickey out of the Shield, it will be a good starting point for you Thumbsup2

David : 083 642 2118
www.mobileimage.co.za

[Image: header2.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Hell yea... Bluebiggrin Good stuff mate! Good start! Bluebiggrin

Matteo - 2005 Polo 1.9TDi Sportline - Sooty
[Image: forumsignature.jpg]
18-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Good on you for your efforts.Clap

Just a tip however: A white bonnet is probably the worst colour for practising on as it is the most difficult to see swirls and scratches. Next time try and get something dark.......like black.Bluebiggrin
18-10-2008, 11:56 PM
I agree that for general practice the white is not maybe the best but on the other said that advantage is it's same color as my car, white. So if i want to experiment with something I can see the effect it would have on my car.
20-10-2008, 08:44 AM
I'm going to have the same predicament in the next couple days, going to pick up a couple panels...but I can't fit much in my Sportline. Will have to try borrow a mates car...

20-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Can't you fold down the rear seats? Or is that not enough?
20-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Yea, might be enough, depending on what panels. I don't think an average sized bonnet will fit though.

21-10-2008, 07:41 AM
Make sure you take some old blankets or plastic sheeting so as not to stuff up the seats.
21-10-2008, 07:57 AM
(21-10-2008 07:41 AM)springbok Wrote:  Make sure you take some old blankets or plastic sheeting so as not to stuff up the seats.

Yea!! I usually car a blanket or two in my boot anyway, you never know when you might need them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Bonnet scratched by washing? atzala 8 19,854 01-03-2011 11:51 AM
Last Post: Torres1